July News from Sportspeople
Welcome to the latest e-news from Sportspeople. In this issue we outline: Recent Sportspeople Recruitment Appointments, Sportspeople Recruitment Current Vacancies, Sportspeople Advertising - definition update for Local Sport Club, Staff Picks from June 2018, Fast Facts from June 2018, Latest Learning Advertisements, More ways to connect with Sportspeople
Welcome to the latest e-news from Sportspeople. In this issue we outline:
- Recent Sportspeople Recruitment Appointments
- Sportspeople Recruitment Current Vacancies
- Sportspeople Advertising - definition update for Local Sport Club
- Staff Picks from June 2018
- Fast Facts from June 2018
- Latest Learning Advertisements
- More ways to connect with Sportspeople
We are pleased to announce the following recent appointments:
- Content Producer - Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs - Stephen Turner
- Deputy General Manager, Participation Growth - Australian Sports Commision - Cameron French
Don't forget you can announce your appointments as well and see recent Sportspeople Recruitment and other industry appointments at the "Who got that job?" page at the Sportspeople website.
Sportspeople Recruitment Current Vacancies
The following roles are currently available through Sportspeople Recruitment:
General Manager - Royal Prince Alfred Yacht Club
- Unique opportunity for a dynmaic leader to manage one of Australia's premier yacht club's
The following positions have now closed and are progressing through the recruitment cycle:
- Performance Team Manager - Western Australian Institute of Sport (WAIS)
- Chief Executive Officer - Volleyball New Zealand
- Chief Executive Officer - St. George Illawarra Dragons
- HP Coaching Manager - High Performance Sport New Zealand
- Chief Executive Officer - AUSTSWIM
- Performance Manager - Swimming Australia Limited
You can view all of these roles at the Sportspeople Jobs Market. In addition to roles being filled by Sportspeople Recruitment, you'll also find other vacancies in the sport, fitness, aquatics, coaching, venues, events, leisure and lifestyle sector at the Sportspeople Jobs Market.
Sportspeople acknowledges the importance of sports in the building of a community. At its core, a local sport club centres around a sense of community where the club is all inclusive (no tryouts, free-to-play, etc.) and typically train for 2-3 times a week (not full time).
We've developed this free category to enable local sport clubs to employ qualified part time club coaches, managers, umpire, etc. in furthering the development of players and support of the club.
It is important to note this category was not intended for the hiring of full-time business staff. As such, we've updated our definition to be limited to the hiring of positions which require less than 8 hours per week of work - in our experience, a local community sport club would not train over 8 hours a week due to other personal time commitments. Please see our full definition for details.
Here are our Staff Picks from the Sportspeople team in June 2018:
Sportspeople Staff Picks
- Director, National Performance Strategy and Engagement - Gymnastics Australia
- General Manager - Royal Brighton Yacht Club
- General Manager - Royal Prince Alfred Yacht Club
- Sport Scientist - Fusion Sport
- Gold Medal Ready Processes Manager - Australian Sports Commission
- Fitness Professional - Voyages Indigenous Tourism Australia
- Chief Executive Officer - Northern Territory Rugby Union Inc.
- Racing Data Analyst - Greyhound Racing Victoria
- Head Batting Coach - Cricket NSW
- Head Bowling Coach - Cricket NSW
- NSWIS Coach, Snowboard Cross - NSW Institute of Sport
- Lead Track Sprint Coach NZ - Cycling New Zealand
Here are some fast facts from Sportspeople's Jobs Market activity in June 2018:
Top Sportspeople Jobs Market Advertisers
- Tennis Australia
- Leonards Advertising
- Australian Sports Commission
- Cricket NSW
- Fit n Fast
- Caulfield Grammer
Most viewed Sportspeople Jobs Market advertisements
- Membership & Marketing Executive - Cruising Yacht Club of Australia
- Jump Swim Schools South Morang - Swimming Instructor
- Cricket NSW - Physical Performance Coach
- Carlton Football Club - General Manager, Women's Football
- Surfing Australia - Chief Executive Officer
- Northern Territory Rugby Union Inc - Chief Executive Officer
- NSW Rugby Union - Schools Relationship Manager (Secondary Schools)
- Hockey Australia - Coordinator - High Performance Unit
- Siam 2 Sydney Promotions / PTJ Muaythai Gym - Sponsorship Coordinator
- Newington College - Head of Sport
Latest Learning Advertisements
Remember: Listing at Sportspeople Learning is now FREE! There are currently over 500 courses, programs and professional development activities listed at Sportspeople Learning. A selection of the latest advertisers include:
To view all listed courses, programs and activities please visit Sportspeople Learning.
More ways to connect with Sportspeople
Do you want to connect with others in the sport, fitness, aquatics, leisure, coaching, venues and events community? Join us the following ways:
Here you can join in on discussions and polls on a range of topics, and be updated on the latest industry trends as well as jobs and services updates from Sportspeople.
Read our tweets on the latest industry trends as well as jobs and services updates from Sportspeople.
Keep up to date with the latest jobs available, insider tips and updates from Sportspeople.
Here you can join in on discussions and polls on a range of topics, and be updated on the latest industry trends as well as jobs and services updates from Sportspeople, all in your LinkedIn newsfeed!
Sportspeople Recruitment also manages a number of "Groups" on LinkedIn, open exclusively to industry professionals who meet the joining criteria:
A Sportspeople Job Seeker Registration is free and completing the on-line form takes around 2 minutes. Once registered you’ll be on your way to joining Australia's and New Zealand's largest on-line community for the sport, fitness, aquatic, coaching, venues, events, leisure and wellness sector.
If you would like to find out more about Sportspeople or any of our services, please contact us on FREECALL Australia 1800 634 388 or FREECALL New Zealand 0800 634 388 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Service Team