|Position Title||General Manager|
|Short Description||Exciting senior Leadership role in a professional, dynamic basketball association within Victoria's fastest growing municipality!|
|Employer||Werribee Basketball Association|
|Work Type||Full Time|
|Location||Werribee, VIC, Australia|
Responsible for leadership of all aspects of the Werribee Basketball Association, the General Manager will work with the Board to ensure that Werribee Basketball is the association of choice in Melbourne’s west, as well as solidifying Werribee Basketball as a major player and influencer in the broader Victorian Basketball landscape.
This will be achieved through working with key stakeholders to develop and implement the business growth strategy, then implementing programs and initiatives as well as overseeing the day to day operations of the association (junior domestic, senior domestic, representative, and other programs).
The General Manager must successfully balance the growth and welfare of the game with sound financial management, and strong and vibrant relationships with the players, supporters, volunteers, media, commercial partners as well as Basketball Victoria and Basketball Australia. To be considered for this role you will need to possess senior leadership experience gained within a significant commercial or sporting organisation, or other relevant context.
- Establish the Werribee Basketball Association as the association of choice in Melbourne’s west, and as a key player/influencer in the Victorian Basketball landscape
- Working with the Board, define the 3-year growth strategy and outline key programs and initiatives
- Actively participate in Basketball Victoria and Basketball Australia initiatives that are aligned with the strategy
- Communicate the association vision, mission, core values & strategy to all stakeholders and interested parties
- Recommend and execute policies that are aligned to the association vision, mission, core values and strategic direction
- Build strong working relationships with the Board, Basketball Victoria, Basketball Australia, WBA Member Groups, Eagle Stadium Management, Wyndham City Council and various community groups.
- Identify, pursue and execute partnerships, sponsorships and grants that are aligned with the strategic direction of the organisation
- Be a role model and advocate for adherence to the core values and Basketball Victoria code of conduct through professional and respectful interactions at all times
- Be a champion for diversity within the association, encouraging and driving participation across genders and cultures
- Coach and mentor association staff to help them perform their roles effectively and achieve their career goals
- Create a ‘culture of volunteering’ within the association, and support volunteers and committees
- Prepare an annual business plan to execute the key strategic programs and initiatives, track and report progress on that business plan
- Prepare and present monthly reporting to the board on the status of the association, showing key KPI metrics
- Review and analyse the financial performance of the organisation and take corrective actions as required
- Oversee programs to ensure they are executed efficiently, effectively and professionally
- Oversee marketing and communications activities with members and the broader community, including website, social media, press and events.
SELECTION AND APPOINTMENT CRITERIA
- Experience in a senior leadership role in a membership-based organisation, preferably in a basketball or other sporting association
- Experience in operating within an executive group and interacting with a variety of senior stakeholders including peak sporting bodies, government entities, not-for-profit and/or corporate businesses
- Tertiary degree in sports management, business management, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in managing a wide variety of people, including executives, staff and volunteers
- Financial management skills for the association, including P&L, balance sheet and cash flow
- Program management skills including cost & schedule management and status reporting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including MS PowerPoint or equivalent
- Competitive salary
- Performance bonus for KPIs achieved
- Modern office space in a state-of-the-art new stadium facility
- Flexible working arrangements supported
This is a full-time position, typically 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, however due to the nature of the role and the sports industry, some out of hours work (including weekends and evenings) will be required as standard.
||30 Jun 2019
The Werribee Basketball Association (WBA) is the largest non-professional sporting association in Melbourne’s West. At the Werribee Basketball Association, our vision is to “Be the association of choice in Melbourne’s West, providing the opportunity for everyone to participate in the game of basketball”. Our goal is to grow and strengthen our basketball community, by providing development pathways that are affordable, accessible and inclusive for players, coaches and officials of all abilities. The WBA currently has 15 junior domestic clubs with 385+ teams and 3000+ players, 150+ senior domestic teams with 1000+ players, a strong Aussie Hoops program for beginners, 42 junior Representative Teams, 4 Big V teams and 200+ Active Referees.
|Name||Werribee Basketball Association|
Click here to apply for position|
|How To Apply|
Send your resume, with cover letter outlining how you fit the "SELECTION AND APPOINTMENT CRITERIA" to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: We will commence shortlisting from 24 June, so early applications are encouraged.
|Join the Sportspeople Online Community
Register as a Job Seeker
and get the latest industry updates to accelerate your career!
You may not use data mining, robots, screen scraping, or similar automated data gathering, extraction or publication tools on this Site (including without limitation for the purposes of establishing, maintaining, advancing or reproducing information contained on our Site on your own website or in any other publication), except with Sportspeople's prior written consent.