Bowls Australia (BA) is the national sporting organisation responsible for the leadership, development and management of Bowls in Australia. We are a not-for-profit organisation governed by a voluntary board that provides the strategic direction for the sport and the strategies that are implemented by the staff at the national office.
BA's members are the nine state and territory bowls associations. There are over 1,850 clubs and over 670,000 participants nationwide. BA is affiliated with World Bowls and the Australian Commonwealth Games Association where it is a core sport in the Commonwealth Games held every four years.
As a member of the Bowls Australia Bowls Operations Team and reporting to the National Development and Government Relations Manager, this position will be responsible for developing and rolling out programs, initiatives and resources to increase participation in the sport of bowls across Australia. A large component of this position is managing the Regional Bowls Manager Program and Social and Sporting Schools Programs which includes leadership and people management of Participation staff many of who are based in home offices throughout Australia.
This position is also responsible for developing strong relationships with State and Territory Bowls Associations and the CEO’s or nominees as well as other stakeholders to ensure the success of participation programs as well as reporting and compliance matters.
To be successful in this role you must meet the following criteria:
- Tertiary qualifications in management or, sport management preferred.
- Experience delivering participation initiatives/programs is essential.
- People Management experience.
- Proven ability to deliver constructive feedback.
- Advanced interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to project manage multiple projects.
- Outstanding presentation skills.
- Ability to deal calmly and consistently with demanding responsibilities and conflicting priorities from a range of customers and staff utilising standard negotiation and conflict resolution techniques.
- An ability to fit in with and form effective working relationships with a varied range of groups and people.
- Current drivers licence.
The suitable applicant will preferably work from our Head Office in Thornbury, Melbourne and must be able to travel throughout Australia on a regular basis (at least monthly).
We are seeking experienced applicants so please only apply if you have the skills and experience we are seeking.