COMPETITION & CLUB DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – AFL TOWNSVILLE
- Support AFL in Townsville
- Values driven culture
- Fantastic team benefits
Our goal here at the AFL is to enhance and grow the game across all states and all levels – from grassroots to elite. As one team, we put on the game, build participation, deliver important events, communicate with our fans, run community programs, develop coaches and umpires, and collaborate with partners, delight members, support clubs and so much more. Our roles may vary but we are all united by our common goal, to leave the game in an even more extraordinary place.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Competition & Club Development Manager is responsible for the professional administration and day-to-day operations of senior and junior football competitions within the Townsville region.
As a member of the Sate Senior Football Operations team, the incumbent will be responsible for the financial control, competition planning and management, and effective communication with clubs, umpires and other key stakeholders.
Please note employment in this position is subject to a satisfactory criminal history record check. The successful candidate is required to possess a valid ‘working with children’ check.
The AFL has extensive procedures and checks in place to protect children and young people in our organisation.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF
- Oversee all registrations and transfers
- Manage all competition fixturing arrangements
- Manage competition arrangements
- Oversee weekly match day tasks
- Respond to club enquiries, including match day issues
- Attend and co-ordinate league competition meetings as required
- Administer rules and by-laws and manage associated issues
- Manage finals series
- Liaise with the Umpires Association and within related agreements
- Appoint independent tribunal and co-ordinate tribunal hearings
- Co-ordinate all matters relating to insurance
- Attend weekend matches Oversee media content on league communications, including club communications, website, football record and annual report.
- Assist with procurement and management of commercial partnerships for the league
- Ensure that the league operates efficiently and effectively at all times
- Provide support to clubs to improve processes and procedures with regard to club administration
- Manage league budgets as required
- Manage club affiliation finances
- Facilitate payment of umpires
- Promote, organise and conduct local AFL9’s competitions
- Manage operational and logistical requirements for local senior representative teams
- Assist Regional Development Manager to deliver Game Development programs in Term 1 and 4 and or as required.
OUR IDEAL TEAM MEMBER
- Demonstrated administration skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work with volunteer boards and committees
- Demonstrated organisational skills
- Demonstrated planning skills
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literacy in Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Ability to identify problems and provide quality solutions
- Ability to remain effective when faced with changing tasks, responsibilities or people
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage time effectively
- Current Queensland Drivers Licence
- Understating of club and league environments
- Understanding of AFL Queensland competitions structure
- We believe in a Healthy Mind, Healthy Body and Healthy Workplace and our staff have access to an extensive Health and Wellbeing program
- My Development – all employees have access to the AFL’s My development program which consists of on the job training, coaching and mentoring and formal learning.
- AFL Staff Footy Memberships – easy access to the game, staff can share these with family and friends
- My Benefits – staff have access to over 350 discounts with some of the biggest retailers and the AFL’s Corporate Partners
HOW TO APPLY
Closing Date: Friday, 26 April 2019