- Bring significant impact on how sport and recreation is delivered in the Wyndham Community
- Permanent role, Werribee-based
- Salary from $71,343.48 plus super and fortnightly RDO
We are Wyndham, one of Australia’s fastest growing and most diverse cities.
We are hard at work designing the precincts, building the infrastructure, developing the policies and delivering the programs that will ensure Wyndham is prepared to welcome over 200,000 new residents to the region by 2040.
Be part of something more.
About the role
The position reports to the Team Leader Sport Development & Community Participation. You will be joining an exciting team to support and manage the sport and recreation facilities and services around Wyndham City Council. It is an exciting opportunity to help shape the direction of sports and recreation in to the future, and have meaningful impact with a range of clubs, associations and community groups.
You will deliver
- A central point of contact for all general Sport and Recreation enquiries
- The administration and management of all allocated Council sporting reserves, pavilions and other recreation facilities
- Provide support to policy development and capital planning
- Manage and build stakeholder relationships and engagement.
You will bring
- Knowledge of working with sport and recreation facilities and their operations, particularly in a local government environment.
- Tertiary qualification in Sports and Recreation Management, Community Development or an aligned discipline.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Skills in conflict resolution and problem solving.
- Experience in the provision and development initiatives that grow participation or the capacity of service providers.
- A positive, curious and flexible attitude
Why join us?
It’s an exciting time to join Wyndham. We are transforming into an agile, resilient and customer-centric workplace and the opportunities to grow with us are endless.
We believe our people are our greatest and most valued asset. This is why we are focused on building a constructive culture that empowers every person to do their best work. Flexibility is built right into our DNA and we are committed to creating and cultivating an inclusive workplace that celebrates a diverse workforce.
Some of our other great benefits include:
- Unrivalled growth potential and development opportunities
- Real opportunities to help shape the future of Melbourne’s west
- A day off to volunteer and give back to your own community
- Health and wellbeing initiatives and access to discounted private health insurance
- Flexible work arrangements and generous leave entitlements
So, are you ready for something more?