|Position Title||Casual Gym Supervisor|
|Short Description||Assist in the efficient and effective supervision of the Ripples Fitness Department.|
|Employer||Ripples - St Marys Leisure Centre|
|Location||St Marys, Penrith, NSW, Australia|
|Detailed Description|| |
- Assist in the efficient and effective operations of the Fitness Department which will achieve Ripples’ objectives as may be set from time to time.
- To follow the systems and procedures of the Fitness Area, enabling the smooth day to day running of the Department.
- To ensure that programs and services are offered in a safe environment for customers and staff alike with an emphasis on WHS and regulatory guidelines and Ripples Policies and Procedures.
Ripples Leisure Centre is owned by Penrith City Council, it is managed by a subsidiary company City of Penrith Regional Indoor Aquatic & Recreation Centre Limited created by the council specifically to oversee the management of this facility. The Centre operates under an Enterprise Agreement.
Ripples’ mission is to offer recreation and health solutions to the regional community and enhance the well being of all who use the facility.
To establish Ripples as a first class facility and the focus of community leisure whilst encouraging mutually beneficial relationships. Ripples will continue as a leader of recreational facilities of its type nationally.
To provide leisure, medical and educational activities to the Western Sydney region which upholds the Centre’s primary purpose of being First in Fun, Health and Fitness Every time.
- Provide exceptional levels of customer service which meets and where possible exceeds that in the industry.
- Listen to our customers and encourage them to actively contribute to the ongoing improvement of Ripples.
- Be aware of the need for change and be flexible enough to implement changes when needed. Direction for change will be given from Management.
- Develop and maintain mutually rewarding and friendly relationships with our customers and team members.
- Take pride in our achievements while recognising that success and excellence are difficult to achieve.
- To provide exceptional levels of customer service which will always meet and where possible exceed customer’s expectations. Ripples is mindful that customers are most important and when they come into this facility whether in person, or on the phone or by mail, they are our priority.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide excellent customer service
- Safe and effective supervision of the gym floor, including advice on correct technique
- Enforce Centre policy and gym etiquette
- Writing of exercise programs incorporating use of all gym equipment
- Supervision and instruction of Small Group Training as part of normal gym shifts
- Conduct all tests incorporated in fitness assessment procedures and counsel participants on results. Set appropriate goals for participants
- Cleaning and maintenance as per duty roster
- Liaise regularly with the Fitness Team Leader.
- Assist in the smooth running of the day to day operations of Ripples Fitness Department.
- Identify and report any maintenance requirements of the Department.
- Promote Ripples as “More than just a gym”.
- Implement practices which minimize the opportunity of risk to both customers and the Centre.
- Have a thorough knowledge of all equipment used in use on the gym floor and fitness testing.
- Possess excellent communication skills with customers and staff.
- Be able to work as part of a team and must project a professional, yet friendly manner.
- Be self-motivated, innovative, enthusiastic and professionally presented.
||30 Apr 2019
|Phone (work)||(02) 9833 3000|
|Fax||(02) 9833 3311|
Click here to apply for position|
|How To Apply|
For a further discussion regarding this fantastic opportunity or to obtain a copy of the Position Description, please contact email@example.com
Applications are to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than COB, 30th APRIL 2019
|Join the Sportspeople Online Community
Register as a Job Seeker
and get the latest industry updates to accelerate your career!
You may not use data mining, robots, screen scraping, or similar automated data gathering, extraction or publication tools on this Site (including without limitation for the purposes of establishing, maintaining, advancing or reproducing information contained on our Site on your own website or in any other publication), except with Sportspeople's prior written consent.