The YMCA is one of Brisbane's most recognisable customer-focused community organisations, providing opportunities for all people to grow in body, mind and spirit. The organisation operates a number of services including child care, health and fitness, hospitality and a hotel, education and training, outdoor education and camping, accommodation and benevolent activities including the YMCA Vocational School and the Schools' Breakfast program.
- Would you like to be a Head Coach of Gymnastics program?
- Would you like FREE admission to YMCA Yearly Gymnastics Congress?
- Would you like FREE admission to some of the Gymnastics QLD yearly Congress courses?
- Financial Support for upgrading Gymnastics Qualifications?
- Are you looking for Full Time Work?
- Would you like to not have to pay for your First Aid and CPR qualifications?
- Would you like to not have to pay for your Blue Card Renewal?
- Financial Support for relocation cost if moving from afar?
Come and join our fantastic team at Victoria Point! We are currently looking for a new enthusiastic WAG HEAD COACH
The YMCA is one of the largest providers of sport and recreation in Queensland. We offer recreational and competitive classes weekly in Kindergym, Recreational through the Steps Program as well WAG, MAG and Gym Fit for teenagers.
YMCA is home to over 5000 Gymnasts with Victoria Point being home to 1000.
As a result, we now have an exciting opportunity for Gymnastics Coaches at our YMCA Gymnastics Club at Victoria Point.
YMCA Gymnastics Head Coach is an essential component in the delivery of YMCA Gymnastics programs and services.
This position will be required to coach, train and instruct all levels of competitive gymnastics and develop participants' abilities and assess their skills. You will also be responsible for the development pathway for the competitive program.
You will be required to complete some administrative tasks, organizing competitions and other gymnastics events and assist coaches’ professional development.
To be considered for this position, you must meet the following selection criteria:
- Minimum of Gymnastics Advanced Coaching qualifications, or industry equivalent;
- Current Technical Membership with Gymnastics Australia;
- Demonstrated experience as a gymnastics coach at a competitive level;
- Demonstrated experience in developing successful athlete pathways;
- Demonstrated experience as a mentor gymnastics coach;
- Demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team;
- Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent customer services skills;
- Sound knowledge of computer systems;
- Knowledge of developing and running a gymnastics competition;
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificates or a willingness to obtain;
- Currently possess, or be willing to obtain, a positive notice Blue Card in accordance with the Working with Children (Risk Management and Screening) Act 2000;
- Achievement of YMCA’s Safeguarding Children Training Certificate and complete annual refresher training.
- FIG level 2 or Advanced Sliver Gymnastics qualification
REMUNERATION & BENEFITS
The successful candidate will be rewarded with excellent working conditions including support from a management team with experience in the field, professional development and a fun and rewarding working environment.
Interested? Apply now!
To find out more about the YMCA please visit our website www.ymcabrisbane.org