- Fantastic Opportunity to make an impact to the future of Hockey in SA
- Provide leadership, knowledge and support
- Unique 3-year fixed term contract, based 20 mins north of the Adelaide CBD
About the Company
Hockey SA is the peak body representing the game of hockey in South Australia, made up from metropolitan and regional associations and representing approximately 7000 members. Hockey SA’s membership has strong representation across age, gender and all abilities.
Working closely with the Operations Manager, this unique role will focus on Hockey SA’s high performance and development programs. Encouraging the development of socially desirable attitudes and values towards physical fitness and skill acquisition.
As the High Performance & Development Manager you will aim to improve the level of recruitment, retention, development and education of hockey players and coaches across teams in South Australia, while driving a positive and high performing culture across Hockey SA.
You will drive the support of grass roots members through to elite level members including the selection and development of players, teams or sides to represent Hockey SA in National Championships; providing individuals with the opportunity to maximise their potential by competing in the highest level of Hockey possible, given their own ability.
- Design, document and implement High Performance & Development Programs
- Investigate, research, design and formulate new programs across all levels of hockey
- Monitor, evaluate and redesign existing programs to ensure viability with a continuous improvement focus
- Design and document elite/talent programs
- Organise and administer all selection processes and appointments of key roles including coaches, team managers, allied health etc.
What do you need to succeed?
- Demonstrated success working in high performance sport at an elite level
- Highly organised with the ability to be self-motivated, responsive and flexible in an environment with time pressures and multiple priorities
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present to groups in a positive and motivating manner
- High level of emotional intelligence and a proven ability to build professional relationships with a large, diverse group of stakeholders, including strong existing relationships with key influencers
- Ability to make sound judgements under pressure and within time constraints
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Valid Australian driver’s license and own car is essential
- Formal qualifications in Sports Management or a related degree is highly preferable
If you are passionate and dedicated to the sporting industry, this could be the perfect role for you. Submit an application now!
Please note – all applicant resumes must be submitted in Word format only.
With respect, no recruitment agencies please.