Job No: BC1213
Blacktown City Council is the second largest Council in NSW and a leader in the growth and development of the Western Sydney region. With a population of over 360,000 and a total of 48 residential suburbs, working in Blacktown City provides a wide portfolio of professional opportunities.
At Blacktown City Council we are proud to be supporters of a wide, diverse community and strive towards building the best council in Australia, achieving this through initiatives such as becoming a White Ribbon accredited Council.
About the opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and highly skilled marketing professional who will lead and develop the media, marketing and communication activity across all Key Venues.
Blacktown Venue Management Ltd (BVM) is a company wholly owned by Blacktown City Council with oversight of Council's Key Venues portfolio.
Key Venues consists of 10 of Council’s premier sport and leisure facilities. We deliver first class activity and program choice, we promote Blacktown City as the leader in sport, recreation and leisure and we give every visitor and customer a safe and memorable experience. Our values are team work, customer focus, innovation and commitment to safety.
This position is based at Blacktown Venue Management Head Office at Blacktown International Sportspark Sydney.
The role includes:
- Leading a team
- Forming close strategic and operational relationships across the business
- Developing and implementing promotional and marketing campaigns that will raise community awareness of venues, programs, activities and events.
If you are a high achiever with great implementation and time management skills then this could be the role for you!
Qualifications & Experience
- A higher qualification in public relations, marketing, advertising, communications and/ or media studies
- 3 - 5 years experience in a similar environment
- Demonstrable ability to work to strict deadlines and coordinate multiple tasks
- Current drivers licence.
Remuneration & Benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A competitive salary of $1,652.20 - $1,850.50 (Grade 15) per week, will be offered based on qualifications and experience
- Leaseback vehicle
- 35 hours per week
- Opportunity to participate in Council's flextime arrangement
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements, 9.5% employer superannuation contribution, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Our Commitment to Safety
Blacktown City Council is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random tests, tests where there may be reasonable suspicion and / or post reportable incident testing for Council workers.
Best of luck.