|Position Title||Swim Club Squad Coach|
|Short Description||PLC Aquatic Swim Club is seeking to appoint a dynamic and enthusiastic coach, who is passionate about developing young swimmers, to the position of Aquatic Swim Club Squad Coach. This is a casual position working approximately 10-15 hours per week, with an additional 2-3 weekend swim meets per school term. |
|Employer||Presbyterian Ladies' College Melbourne|
|Salary||$30 to $40 ph|
|Salary Currency||Australian Dollar|
|Location||Melbourne, VIC, Australia|
The applicant will:
- have a genuine love of coaching and the ability to develop, strengthen and improve all athletes to reach their full potential
- show a desire and commitment to develop a positive and energetic environment
- have the ability to develop constructive relationship with students which engender positive attitudes to learning and development
- show patience, encouragement and support to all swimmers and staff
- have a strong technical focus and willingness to learn
- demonstrate leadership potential, having conviction in their expectations of children’s behaviour during, and towards, training
- show initiative, be able to work in a team and is prepared to take on extra responsibilities as required (attending swim meets, club functions & camps)
- have a current Working With Children Check for Employees
Working under the guidance of the head coach to:
- design and run a training program for the PLC Aquatic Silver Squad swimmers that will develop them in all strokes, fitness and prepare them to qualify for the Victorian Championships
- attend various swim meets
- assist in the coaching of the PLC Aquatic Gold Squad
- fill in for the head coach as required
- if qualified (Cert 4 in Fitness, Sports Science Degree or Level 1 S&C), assist in the design and running of the dryland programs for all PLC Aquatic squads
||10 May 2019
Presbyterian Ladies’ College Melbourne is a leading ELC-Year 12 Christian independent school for girls offering both the VCE and International Baccalaureate, with an outstanding academic tradition, an international focus and strong pastoral and co-curricular programs focusing on encouraging leadership, service and life-long personal development and learning
PLC Aquatic is a medium sized, school and community based club. Goals include; promotion of opportunities for swimmers of all abilities to participate in the sport of swimming, creating an environment which allow all swimmers to reach their maximum potential, developing swimmers into well rounded individuals who strive for excellence in all aspects of life. We offer swimmers training flexibility within the squad guidelines. Our club is represented at all levels of competition, National, State, district and club.
PLC seeks to appoint staff with the highest professional skills who can actively support the Christian teachings and ethos of the College.
All staff must commit to a culture that supports and embraces Child Safe Standards.
|Phone (work)||(03) 9808 5811|
||Click here to apply for position|
|How To Apply|
- Download and complete the application form ‘Application for Employment – Non-Teaching Staff’ from the PLC website
- Prepare a comprehensive letter outlining your suitability for the role, as well as your CV, copies of university transcripts and relevant written references (optional)
- Email all of these documents to the Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 10 May 2019.
Shelly Hawkins, Aquatic Centre Manager for further information, email@example.com
|Join the Sportspeople Online Community
Register as a Job Seeker
and get the latest industry updates to accelerate your career!
You may not use data mining, robots, screen scraping, or similar automated data gathering, extraction or publication tools on this Site (including without limitation for the purposes of establishing, maintaining, advancing or reproducing information contained on our Site on your own website or in any other publication), except with Sportspeople's prior written consent.