- Permanent Part time position!
- Flexible working hours!
- YMCA staff benefits!
UNSW Fitness & Aquatic Centre is seeking a passionate and experienced Group Fitness Team Leader!
The successful candidate loves Group Fitness and is excited about the opportunity to lead an amazing group fitness program and events schedule for our members and the wider UNSW community.
This is a Permanent Part Time role (17 hours per week) with the opportunity for additional classes and Personal Training for the suitably qualified candidate, to lead their team from the front.
As our Group Fitness Team Leader you will be responsible for over 50 classes per week, and driving the group fitness team to produce high quality classes and events.
- Inspire and support your group fitness team to deliver classes that are fun, effective and safe
- Create and manage the timetable to deliver classes efficiently to benefit members
- Recruit and develop amazing group fitness instructors who fit the YMCA values and its supportive culture
- Create a positive culture of support and professional development among instructors and participants
- Assist the Health and Fitness Coordinator in achieving Centre goals for group fitness- participation, efficiency, member/staff culture and results
- Work to the Centre budget, provide reporting and analysis for the purposes of achieving goals and KPI's
- Have your finger on the pulse of our member's needs, wants and support them by improving service to exceed their expectations
You will be ambitious, open to learn and develop, a team player and values driven. You will show professionalism and respect in your dealings with both staff and members.
- Certificate III in Fitness
- Group Fitness Relevant Qualification or GEL
- Current CPR certificate
- Current Provide First Aid Certificate
- Current Fitness Australia Registration
- Experience in delivery of high quality group fitness classes
What we would like you to have:
- Certificate IV in fitness
- Les Mills certification is Body Pump, Body Attack, Body Combat and/or RPM
- Zumba, Strong, Pilates and/or Yoga Qualification
If you have previous experience leading a group fitness team and strong interpersonal skills with an ability to effectively communicate with a diverse range of customers in age, culture, exercise histories and ability- we want to hear from you today!
About the Y
YMCA NSW is a profit-for-purpose organisation focused on healthy living, social impact and empowering young people. We operate 22 recreation centres, 63 Out of School Hours Care services and two camping locations which fund our diverse range of community programs, employing 1800 staff across NSW.
We're passionate about our impact on individuals, families and the various communities we serve.
Commitment to Safeguarding
YMCA NSW, including its Board of Directors, commits to creating and maintaining an environment that ensures all people involved in YMCA NSW activities, programs or services act in the best interests of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and take all reasonable steps to ensure their safety, welfare and wellbeing.
The successful applicant is required to undergo probity checks which include Reference checks, a Working with Children Check and Criminal History Check before commencement. Employment is subject to clearance of all these checks.