Baseball SA is the governing body of amateur baseball within South Australia, is headquarters of the South Australian Baseball League and is governed by the Australian Baseball Federation.
Our mission is to seek and pursue avenues to secure the future of baseball as a sport that is fun, attractive, and affordable for current and future baseball community and its members.
The role of a Board member must reflect our organisation on a positive level and must not only be able to bring value through their skills sets, but know the limits of the role without interference. It can be demanding and challenging, but most importantly it is self-rewarding for a unique individual that considers themselves as a contributor.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to ensure that they meet the skills required outlined in this document that can positively contribute to our organisation. Baseball SA, acknowledges and supports the 40:40:20 policy initiative by the Office for Recreation and Sport.
Must have Financial background, Accountant is preferred
- Will assist the General Manager in protecting and maintaining the Leagues financial creditability.
- Delivers on or above year on year profitability in line with the Leagues financial budget.
- Maintain year on year costs as per Leagues financial budget.
- Deliver accurate and on time finance reporting to the Board and the members.
- Ensure all creditors are paid on time and within the trading terms as agreed
- Ensure all debtors are closely managed and that no more that 5% of AR is in 90 days plus.
- Monitor and protect the Leagues Cash Flow Position in line with the Cash Flow Forecast
- Attend monthly Board Meetings, held 2nd Tuesday of each month at West Beach