The Waratah’s Academy - Head of Athletic Performance will work as part of the High-Performance Department and reporting to the National Head of Talent Management and the Waratah’s Academy Head Coach, will be responsible for leading and delivering the High-Performance Athletic Performance Program for the Waratah’s Academy.
Lead the Athletic Development Program for the Waratah’s Academy
Design and deliver all elements of Athletic Performance for the Waratah’s Academy Program. Specifically:
- Academy Stage 0 (U11-U15)
- Academy Stage 1 (U15-U18)
- Academy Stage 2 (U18-U20+)
Work closely with the Waratah’s Performance staff to ensure long term development plans are in place for all players. This includes prescribing annual, periodised plans for each athlete based on their individual needs.
Provide guidance and leadership to the major rugby playing schools in New South Wales, around athletic performance and development.
Collate all required testing data across the Academy based on Rugby Australia guidelines
Manage the testing and data collection for all required tests in the following programs:
- Academy Stages 0 and 1
- Academy Stage 1 including JG Cup,NSW U16 teams and NSW U18 Academy teams
- Academy Stage 2 including URC teams
- Combines and Talent Days
Work within National Programs as required
Attend preparation camps and team programs for National teams/programs including:
- Junior Wallabies
- Australian Schools/U18s
Skills and Experience:
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification
- Strong knowledge of and skills and experience in the use of current sports science and technology
- Level 2 ASCA accreditation
- Excellent leadership capabilities
- Strong communication skills, written & verbal ability to develop and deliver support
- Ability to initiate, monitor and review projects and activities in line with organisational plans
- Strong work ethic
- Outstanding time management ability
- Excellent coordination ability
- Outstanding Strength & Conditioning knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to think, plan and mobilise to act strategically.