- North Sydney Girls’ High School P&C
- Sports Administrator Role | Position Description
North Sydney Girls is an academically selective girls’ high school located in Crows Nest, Sydney. In close cooperation with the School, the NSG P&C administers a thriving extra-curricular program, including sports.
These include basketball, dance, hockey, netball, rowing, soccer, table tennis,
taekwando, touch football and water polo. Overall there are roughly 400-500 girls who participate in our various sports.
This sporting program is largely operated through the efforts of parent volunteers and is administered by the Sports Committee, a sub-committee of the P&C. Each individual sport is administered by one or more volunteer
parent convenors, in some cases supported by professional coaches.
The individual convenors (and others) together make up the Sports Committee. Each convenor submits an annual budget to the Sports Committee for approval.
Overview of the role:
Due to strong growth in sports program participation, the P&C wishes to engage a parttime sports administrator, who will report to the Chair of the Sports Committee (a School parent) and the Principal to:
- Support the chair of the Sports Committee in administering the Sports Committee budget.
- Provide administrative support to parent convenors, including in relation to budgeting and planning; hiring of coaches; identification and purchase of sports equipment; development of sports charter for that sport.
- Standardise and centralise communication, player registration (database) and payment systems for all sports.
- Identify and support convenors to implement best practice within their sports, for example marketing, fee structures, fee collection methods, hardship applications, risk management, Active Kids vouchers.
- Manage the sports insurance program.
- Assist with fundraising initiatives, particularly cross-sport. This could include supporting the School in making applications for funding to the Sporting Schools program.
- Participate in and take minutes of Sports Committee meetings.
- Liaise with the School including developing an events calendar to minimise clashes between sports, or between sports and School activities.
This role is well suited to candidates looking to work principally from home (roughly 90% of the time), although attendance school would be required occasionally e.g. Sports Committee meetings or meetings with the Principal or the Sports convenors. The expected time is initially 8-12 hours per week but with the potential to grow over time as the role develops.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong interest in sport and recreation; an ability to prioritise and complete tasks in a timely manner; good communication and interpersonal skills including a ‘can do’ attitude and willingness to proactively engage and consult with convenors and the School; people skills including an ability to implement change where required to meet best practice; and an enthusiasm to continually improve student sporting experience.
Qualifications and experience required:
- A strong background in sport and sports clubs, either as a participant or coach.
- Project management and change management skills.
- Understanding of legal risk issues and risk management.
- Strong grasp of finance, including budgeting and fundraising.
- Events management, sponsorship and marketing experience.
For more information:
Please contact James Halliday (NSGHS P&C) on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0434
North Sydney Girls High School P&C Association
NSGHS has a vibrant, committed parent community who are strong supporters of learning and teaching to give our girls the best possible range of opportunities.
We support extra-curricular sports, co-curricular music, the Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme and the essential services of the canteen and clothing pool.
For more information go to: https://web2.northsydgi-h.schools.nsw.edu.au/public/pc-association