Please apply through our careers website - High Performance Sport NZ - Careers (see link on the bottom of the page).
High Performance Sport New Zealand's (HPSNZ) vision is to inspire the nation through more New Zealanders winning on the world stage at Olympic/Paralympic Games and World Championships, with a focus on targeted sports.
We are recruiting for someone to deliver high-quality analysis of sport-related data that enhances and supports evidence-based decision-making within High Performance Sport New Zealand. We are looking for someone who can operate across all areas of the analytics pipeline. Depending on the project, this could include data cleaning, data analysis, data visualisation, and translation. You will also need excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
You will be responsible for uncovering and validating insights which best support elite sport performance and system-wide learning, and promoting opportunities to improve the efficiency, quality, and use of data.
To be successful you will need:
- Strong analytical, logical, and critical thinking skills.
- Experience with data tools and languages, such as R, Python, Tableau, and Power BI.
- The ability to work collaboratively.
- The ability to communicate to a wide range of audiences with differing technical backgrounds.
- Desire to continuously learn and develop in a complex and ever-changing environment.
The skills you bring will help New Zealand succeed. If you have a strong and proven analytical background, are driven by improving performance, and would be proud to help our kiwi athletes gain a competitive advantage, then this is an outstanding professional opportunity for the successful applicant.