|Position Title||Sport Assistant|
|Short Description||Permanent Part Time Sport Assistant position available at Leading Independent School. Coordination and administration of the co-curricular sports program (people and logistics), PLUS overall ownership / coordination of 1-2 of the sports within the program.|
|Work Type||Part Time|
|Salary||$60,000 to $80,000 pa|
|Salary Currency||Australian Dollar|
|Location||Sydney, NSW, Australia|
At present, we are inviting applications for a Permanent Part Time Sport Assistant commencing ASAP. Be part of the diverse and friendly team of teachers and support staff at our iconic harbourside campus, where you will be engaged to provide administrative assistance to the Sport department, as well as manage 1-2 of the sports within our annual cycle.
- Permanent Part Time: 32.5hrs pw
- 41 weeks per year (salary is annualised)
- School Term (38wks):
- 11am-6pm Tues-Fri
- 6am-1pm Sat
- School Holidays (3wks: 1 each in Term 1, 2, 3 break)
- Coordination of weekday and Saturday sport, as well as special events and competitions.
- Coordination of the use of sport facilities and management of equipment
- Scheduling of training and allocation / rostering of teams, coaches, and umpires
- Maintenance of attendance and participation records
- Transport coordination and venue hire
- 'Own' 1 or 2 of the sports within our annual cycle
- Work 'in tandem' with your fellow Sport Assistant on the Morning Shift
The ideal candidate:
- Prepared to commit to the goals of a Sacred Heart education and be an active and visible participant in the dynamic life of our school.
- In possession of a valid Working with Children (WWC) number
- Relevant qualifications or equivalent experience in the coaching and co-ordination of minimum two different sports (any combination of athletics, badminton, basketball, cross country, football, hockey, netball, touch football, snow sports, water polo)
- Demonstrated background in administrative roles, ideally within a sport context
- Experience working in an educational setting desirable (but not essential)
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Personable and dynamic with a flair for effective communication at all levels.
- Able to develop relationships quickly and easily with different personalities
- Solid IT skills required
Our School is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome expressions of interest from any and all suitably qualified candidates.
||24 Apr 2019
||Click here to apply for position|
|How To Apply|
Applications close on Wed 24 April, and must include:
- An updated CV
- A cover letter that speaks to:
- Your sporting and administrative experience
- Your salary expectations (on an annual full-time equivalent basis)
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In accordance with Child Protection legislation all people seeking child-related employment are required to complete a 'Working with Children' Check clearance prior to employment. Please see www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au for further information
|Join the Sportspeople Online Community
Register as a Job Seeker
and get the latest industry updates to accelerate your career!
You may not use data mining, robots, screen scraping, or similar automated data gathering, extraction or publication tools on this Site (including without limitation for the purposes of establishing, maintaining, advancing or reproducing information contained on our Site on your own website or in any other publication), except with Sportspeople's prior written consent.