|Position Title||Senior Coach & Programs Coordinator|
|Short Description||If you have a passion for our sport and are looking to join a fun and friendly team, then this role is for you! Enhance the delivery of Tennis World’s customer service, membership offerings, and coaching.|
||More Jobs from this employer|
|Work Type||Full Time|
|Location||Launceston, TAS, Australia|
About Tennis World, Launceston
Tennis World Launceston opened its doors in December 2017. As the leading tennis center in Tasmania our facility include 9 outdoor hardcourts, 2 classic clay courts, café and pro shop. Our facility opens many doors in growing grassroots participation in the Launceston community and we offers a fantastic range of tennis programs that combines tennis, fitness and fun into the one.
At Tennis World tennis is our focus and our passion and we are committed to ensuring the sport is easy to access, enjoyable to play, and offers engaging programs wherever we operate.
Hours of operations are:
- Monday - Friday: 9:00am - 8.00pm
- Saturday: 9.00am - 5.00pm
- Sunday: CLOSED
About the role
Reporting directly to the Tennis World Head Coach and Manager, you will be responsible to:
- Deliver quality programs and performance outcomes across a range of tennis world programs (School Programming, Holiday Camps, ANZ Hot Shots, FitBit Cardio Tennis, etc).
- Assist the Head Coach with the assignment and allocation of private lesson enquiries, coaching clinics, events and camps.
- Grow membership base, through recruitment and retention campaigns.
- Assist with the front of house operations, ensuring a friendly and safe environment for Tennis World customers.
- Monitor the presentation of the Pro Shop (ie. presenting a fresh, clean and uncluttered retail environment).
- Lead by example and work with the team to perform sales and café service.
What you will bring to the role:
- Willingness to be flexible in regards to work schedules and working longer hours to ensure success of all programs
- You will be a reliable, punctual and committed self-starter with plenty of initiative
- A passion for working as part of a hands-on team and growing the game of Tennis
- You will be a Tennis Australia Registered Coach, and preferably Tennis Australia Junior Development Coach (level 1) or have the willingness and ability to acquire this level within 12 months
- Current Responsible Service of Alcohol and First Aid Certificates will be highly regarded
- You must hold (or be willing to obtain) a current Police Check and Working with Children Check.
||5 May 2019
||Click here to apply for position|
|How To Apply|
If you think you’re up to the challenge, we’d love to hear from you! For more information and a copy of the position description, please click here. Please submit your resume and cover letter via our online application system. Please note, only applications submitted through our system will be considered.
Applications Close Sunday 5th May 2019 at 11pm (AEST)
Tennis Australia is committed to providing a safe environment for all tennis participants, including children and young people. It is essential everyone involved with delivering tennis in Australia understands their responsibility in relation to child-safety.
At Tennis, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. Tennis encourages all suitable applicants to apply for this role
|Join the Sportspeople Online Community
Register as a Job Seeker
and get the latest industry updates to accelerate your career!
You may not use data mining, robots, screen scraping, or similar automated data gathering, extraction or publication tools on this Site (including without limitation for the purposes of establishing, maintaining, advancing or reproducing information contained on our Site on your own website or in any other publication), except with Sportspeople's prior written consent.