The BASH, Queensland Wheelchair Rugby Championships 2019.
Calling all volunteers, come and join us at the BASH, Queensland Wheelchair Rugby Championships 2019. To be held at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Sports Centre, Friday 7 to Sunday 9 June 2019.
Wheelchair rugby is a team sport for athletes with loss of function in all 4 limbs. The rules are a combination of a number of sports.
The game is played using a volleyball and the objective is to score points by carrying the ball over the opposition’s goal line. It is a contact sport and physical contact between wheelchairs is an exciting part of the game.
Sporting Wheelies and Disabled Association is the peak sporting body for people with a physical disability or vision impairment in Queensland. The Association is a highly respected not-for-profit organisation and supports athletes with a disability from grassroots to elite level.
The BASH, Queensland Wheelchair Rugby Championships will see some of Australia's top wheelchair rugby players go head to head in a series of matches across three days of intense competition. This is your opportunity to see the action us close while helping the event run smoothly.
Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Sports Centre. 1 Melaleuca Dr, Boondall QLD 4034. Carpark 4.
Dates: Friday 7 to Sunday 9 June 2019
Time: 9am to 5pm (approximately)
Training: Full training provided
Many key positions available:
- Manual Scoresheet Attendant
- Electronic Scoresheet Attendant
- Forty Second Clock Operator
- Penalty Box Scorer
- Photographer with own camera
Benefits of volunteering:
- The opportunity to work alongside some of the sport’s top athletes in the country
- Make new friends
- Learn a new skill or develop existing skills through hands on experience
- Volunteer hours may be counted towards tertiary requirements
- Supporting your local
- An excellent CV booster (73% of employers would employ a candidate with volunteer experience over one without).
If you are available and interested in helping for all or part of the exciting championships event please complete the attached Volunteer Registration Form or contact Susan Solakovic, HR and Volunteers Manager by Friday 31 May 2019.