|Position Title||Marketing & Events Coordinator|
|Short Description||We are currently seeking a passionate individual with the right mix of Marketing experience and a flair for coordinating successful events to join our team! |
||More Jobs from this employer|
|Work Type||Full Time|
|Location||Wantirna South, VIC, Australia|
- 2 year fixed term contract with potential to extend
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Supportive team environment
We are currently seeking a passionate individual with the right mix of Marketing experience and a flair for coordinating successful events to join our team!
The Marketing & Events Coordinator is responsible for the planning and successful delivery of all Basketball Victoria external and internal events, as well as assisting the marketing and communications team with the promotion of Basketball in Victoria.
- A tertiary qualification in marketing & events management and/or minimum 12 months experience in a related field.
- Highly organised and able to plan complex events.
- An understanding of database management and digital marketing.
- An innovative approach with fresh and exciting ideas for events that meet the needs of the client.
- Proven track record in successful delivery and evaluation of events.
- Ability to build and manage relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders including senior executives.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills with high attention to detail and influencing and negotiating skills.
- Ability to be self-motivated, responsive and flexible in an environment with time pressures and multiple priorities.
- Strong administration skills.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Experience in a sport, peak-body or not-for-profit setting.
- An understanding of basketball or the broader sports sector in Australia.
||23 Apr 2019
Basketball Victoria (BV) is the governing body for the sport of Basketball in Victoria. The broad objectives of BV are to provide for the advancement, encouragement, conduct, promotion and administration of Basketball in Victoria.
In addition to supporting our affiliated Basketball associations, BV coordinates a number of participation and player, coach and official’s development programs to encourage the development of socially desirable attitudes and values towards physical fitness and skill acquisition. This includes selection and development of players, teams or sides to represent BV in National Championship matches; providing individuals with the opportunity to maximise their potential by competing in the highest level of Basketball possible, given their own ability.
BV works to provide greater access for individuals to participate in Basketball in the State of Victoria, by working with local, state and federal stakeholders to drive infrastructure growth. BV is a recognised leader in inclusive practice as evidenced by VicHealth granting exemplar status to advocate for increased access and equity for people with disabilities in all sports settings.
Click here to apply for position|
|How To Apply|
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory proof of eligibility to work in Australia, reference checks, a Police Check and a Working With Children Check. All applicants must have a current Victorian Driver’s License. The role will require some flexibility to work nights/weekends and some travel around Victoria.
Basketball Victoria recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment and we encourage applications from diverse candidates. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics.
To apply for this position submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on Tuesday 23 April 2019.
Don’t delay submitting your application as we will be reviewing applications and shortlisting as we receive them. Please note that due to the level of interest, only those shortlisted for this position will be contacted.
|Join the Sportspeople Online Community
Register as a Job Seeker
and get the latest industry updates to accelerate your career!
You may not use data mining, robots, screen scraping, or similar automated data gathering, extraction or publication tools on this Site (including without limitation for the purposes of establishing, maintaining, advancing or reproducing information contained on our Site on your own website or in any other publication), except with Sportspeople's prior written consent.