An independent Catholic Boys' Day School from Years 5-12 conducted by the Franciscan Friars with an enrolment of over 1300 boys.
Padua College is an enriching and nurturing educational community which offers young men the opportunity to discover and develop their individual talents and interests within a vibrant and caring Christian environment.
Padua College invites applications for the following continuing term time position.
Outdoor Education Officer
We have a newly created position for an Outdoor Education Officer to join us in the Outdoor Education Program located at Pomona on the Sunshine Coast (Amaroo Facility). The position is based at Padua College, Kedron (Brisbane).
The College currently runs a camp program for each year level from years 5 to 12 with the expectation the Outdoor Education Officer will assist to co-lead all camps.
This position requires an energetic and creative applicant who is happy to work in an environment with boys in their Catholic Education.
The successful applicant will have:
- The ability to work accurately, flexibly and efficiently, even without direct supervision
- Empathy with young persons; and
- Possession of, or eligibility for, a ‘Working with Children’ suitability card.
The appointment of a successful applicant will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
It is expected that the successful applicant be suitably qualified and have:
- Specialist qualification in Outdoor Education
- Cert 4 in Training and Assessment (or willingness to obtain)
- Relevant instructional and/or proficiency certificates, or willingness to undertake certification, in a range of outdoor pursuits including canoeing, sailing, bushwalking, orienteering, cycling, challenge ropes course and rock climbing/abseiling.
- Wilderness First Aid Qualification
- Current Manual Driver’s License
All written applications are required to include a ‘Padua College Application for Employment’ form. This form and position description are available on the College website https://padua.qld.edu.au/news-events-at-padua/employment/.
Written applications including Curriculum Vitae and at least three referees forwarded to the following:
P O Box 111
Applications close April 22, 2019. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, we will only contact those under consideration as we move forward. We may contact applicants before the closing date for interviewing and selection.