Barker College is a dynamic school with a reputation for quality education, outstanding resources and meaningful customer engagement. We want to make a difference, not only within the Barker community, but the surrounding local community as well. If you want to challenge yourself, then Barker could be the place for you.
To attract excellent people we know we need to offer excellent benefits and conditions. That's why when you join Barker, you'll join an innovative and forward thinking workplace. We offer a variety of continual learning and professional development opportunities, as well as a career pathway for those looking to continue within the aquatic industry.
Our well established program caters for children from 6 months through to 18+ years of age, and we are looking for passionate and enthusiastic instructors to work before, during and after school as well as on weekends. Experienced and suitably qualified instructors are encouraged to apply as are applicants interested in undertaking additional training towards specialist teaching including Infant Aquatics.
This is a permanent, full-time role with an iimmediate start.
A full Position Description for this role is attached.
Applicants should also be aware of the following requirements.
- Prepared to undertake any additional training to complement the position
- A person who is able to work flexible hours and be able to act as a backup for casual LTS teacher absences may be required.
- Due to the nature of the LTS program, the staff member may be required to work broken shifts and shift schedules will vary from season to season.
- As the Aquatic Centre operates seven days a week, the staff member may be required to work regular shifts on Saturdays and/or Sundays. The staff member may also be required to work on occasional Sundays to supervise external hirers of the Centre, or to attend industry based training and in-service.
- Experience with specific computer software such as Microsoft Office, Excel, Lotus Notes, Maze and Swim School Data Base Software (UDIO) will be an advantage.
Barker College is entitled to request evidence of your rights to undertake employment in Australia prior to any offer of employment.
Barker College appointments are subject to NSW Working with Children legislation in line with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.
All staff members are required to obtain a Working with Children Check Clearance which Barker College will verify as a condition of employment.
Information on applying for the Working with Children Check is available at www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au
A National Police Check and Employment Check may also be required.
Barker College is an Anglican School and applicants for this position will need to demonstrate sympathy with and support for the School’s Christian values.
Barker College is committed to a safe work environment and all staff members work within our WHS Policy & Procedures and other relevant documentation.
Referees will only be contacted after initial interviews have been carried out.
Applications should include a full curriculum vitae.
Barker College is a Workplace Gender Equality Employer