|Position Title||Rowing Coach|
|Short Description||We are looking for rowing coach who will build Cameron’s rowing skills, foster friendships and develop valued roles where he can give back to his sports club. This is a disability support or mentor role where you will be part of a small team using best practice. Training in Cameron's support needs & career development is provided.|
|Salary||$30 to $55 ph|
|Salary Currency||Australian Dollar|
|Location||Canberra, ACT, Australia|
Cameron is a friendly and energetic 20 year old who is an outdoors adventurer. He is a bushwalker, cyclist, rock climber and has a goal to become a competitive rower in local regattas. He is also keen to form friendships with fellow club members and join them on weekends away at rowing events. We are looking for a rowing coach who will build Cameron's rowing skills, develop valued roles for Cameron where he can give back to his club and foster friendships between Cameron and other club members.
- 6 - 12 hours per week
- Coach Cameron to develop his skills as a rower
- Support Cameron to identify and develop his rowing style and preferences
- Teach Cameron how rowing regattas and races are run as well as race etiquette
- Mentor Cameron to find a role at the Rowing Club that he is competent at, enjoys and which is valued by his fellow club members for his contribution
- Facilitate opportunities for relationships between Cameron and other club members to grow
- Current or past experience of rowing (coaching qualifications useful but not essential)
- Experience teaching, or working with young adults
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and nurture relationships
- Works in systematic and proactive ways
- Good listener, enjoys conversations and has a positive and direct communication style
- Resilient and physically fit
- First Aid Certificate
- HSC/VCE equivalent
- National Police Check
- Drivers Licence
- Working with Vulnerable People Card
- Or willingness to apply for these
||23 Apr 2019
You will be part of a small team using best practice and be supported by a network of visionary family and friends. Training in Cameron’s support needs, Systematic Instructions and career development provided. The role will evolve so Cameron is looking for committed people willing to make the role their own.
SCHADS Awards rates paid through the Hire Up online platform.
| ||This role is designated Elite Athlete Friendly meaning the employer is open to accepting expressions of interest from elite athletes who require flexible work arrangements for training and competition.|
|Phone (mobile)||0406 886 330|
||Click here to apply for position|
|How To Apply|
Further Information: Contact Karen Caldwell
To apply: Please complete the online application form, attach your CV and provide contact details for two referees
|Join the Sportspeople Online Community
Register as a Job Seeker
and get the latest industry updates to accelerate your career!
You may not use data mining, robots, screen scraping, or similar automated data gathering, extraction or publication tools on this Site (including without limitation for the purposes of establishing, maintaining, advancing or reproducing information contained on our Site on your own website or in any other publication), except with Sportspeople's prior written consent.