|Position Title||Competitions Coordinator|
|Short Description||This permanent opportunity is responsible for the administration and delivery of all Tennis NSW led competitions & initiatives.|
||More Jobs from this employer|
|Work Type||Full Time|
|Location||Sydney, NSW, Australia|
Reporting to the Competitions Manager, this role will work in close collaboration with the wider Participation team to provide expertise, guidance and support on local competition delivery, recommended formats, timings, etc. including a focus on the implementation of new and emerging participation and technology initiatives/trends.
As the Competitions Coordinator, you will support our team in the following areas:
- Play a lead role in the organisation, administration, budgeting, invoicing and delivery of the Sydney Badge, Inter-district and super league
- Oversee the appointment of all supporting personnel to assist in the delivery of these competitions ie coaches, officials, team managers, etc
- Provide support, guidance and advice to TNSW affiliates to assist with the delivery of their localised competition offerings
- Build a network of key and trusted competition deliverers that can be ambassadors whilst acting as a sounding board for new initiatives
- Provide training & support for staff & TNSW affiliates & associated users of the TA approved online league management software, including the delivery of face-to-face workshops
- Assist with website and social media content as part of the Tennis NSW communications strategy
What you will bring to the role:
- Demonstrated experience coordinating events at a local and state level (ideally Tennis)
- Strong administration skills, including computer literacy, budgeting, record keeping and report writing
- Interpersonal ability to be both empathetic and inspirational to players, parents, volunteers and staff
- Strong presentation and communication skills both in one-on-one and public speaking situation
- Preparedness to undertake intra-state and inter-state travel as required
- Tertiary qualifications in Sports Management (or a related field) would be regarded
- You must hold (or be willing to obtain) a current Police Check and Working with Children Check.
- National Police Check
- Working with children check
||21 Apr 2019
||Click here to apply for position|
|How To Apply|
If you think you’re up to the challenge, we’d love to hear from you! For more information and a copy of the position description, please click here. Please submit your resume and cover letter via our online application system. Please note, only applications submitted through our system will be considered.
Applications Close Sunday, 21st April 2019 at 11:00pm (AEST)
Tennis Australia is committed to providing a safe environment for all tennis participants, including children and young people. It is essential everyone involved with delivering tennis in Australia understands their responsibility in relation to child-safety.
At Tennis, we embrace differences in gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. Tennis encourages all suitable applicants to apply for this role
|Join the Sportspeople Online Community
Register as a Job Seeker
and get the latest industry updates to accelerate your career!
You may not use data mining, robots, screen scraping, or similar automated data gathering, extraction or publication tools on this Site (including without limitation for the purposes of establishing, maintaining, advancing or reproducing information contained on our Site on your own website or in any other publication), except with Sportspeople's prior written consent.