Council has a number of casual employment opportunities within Sport, Recreation and Leisure Facilities. We invite you to register your interest in casual employment opportunities and submit your application.
The Sport, Recreation and Leisure Facilities section reviews expressions of interests on a monthly basis. Following your application for this position you will receive a response within 6 weeks.
Council operates 4 leisure centres providing a number of high quality aquatic and indoor recreation facilities including two multi-purpose sports centres, two Olympic sized outdoor swimming pools and four indoor heated aquatic facilities. The Centres provide a range of organised activities including aerobic classes, aqua classes, Learn to Swim, squad and cardio, weight and circuit areas.
The Sport, Recreation and Leisure Facilities section is seeking suitably qualified and experienced Casual Learn to Swim Instructors who have outgoing personalities, positive attitudes with enthusiasm, versatility and a willingness to learn to instruct and teach learn to swim classes at the centres according to requirements set by Campbelltown Leisure Services.
Reports to the Aquatic Coordinator/Team Leader.
What we are seeking:
- A current Industry recognised Learn to Swim Instructor Certificate (AUSTSWIM: Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety and/or Swim Australia: Swim Australia Teacher Certificate) and preferably AUSTSWIM Teacher of Infant and Preschool Aquatics or equivalent.
- A current Resuscitation Certificate.
- Knowledge of and experience in instructing and planning learn to swim classes.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- A cleared Working with Children Check.
- Commitment to role modelling our values of: Respect, Integrity, Optimism, Trust and Teamwork.
What we are offering:
- Casual employment
- Salary is per the Local Government State Award (Junior rates of pay apply to applicants under 18 years of age) + 9.5% superannuation.
- Generous professional development opportunities
- Novated leasing options
- Weekly pay
For further information please contact Rachel Bastable, Leisure Facilities Lead on (02) 4645 4377.
Applications close: Friday 26 April 2019.
Sound like you? Apply now!
Campbelltown City Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and values the unique contributions of all people. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.