A fantastic opportunity to join Campbelltown City Council as a Fitness Leader on a casual basis!
Campbelltown City Council is a progressive and innovative organisation in a City surrounded by green spaces and bushland, providing services to a vibrant and diverse community. We have a cohesive and collaborative culture that thrives on having an impact on the local community for the greater good.
The Sport, Recreation & Leisure team manages a number of high quality aquatic and indoor recreation facilities including two multi-purpose sports centres, two Olympic sized outdoor swimming pools and four indoor heated aquatic facilities.
The Sport, Recreation & Leisure team focuses on providing services to engage the community into living healthy lifestyles through running classes and programs within the various leisure facilities.
We are currently seeking suitably qualified and experienced Casual Fitness Leaders with outgoing personalities, positive attitudes and enthusiasm, to provide exercise classes in a broad variety of class formats.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following key skills and attributes:
- Experience delivering exercises classes in a variety of formats
- Certificate III in Fitness (Group Exercise or equivalent and/or Aqua Instructor or equivalent, required)
- Registered Group Exercise Instructor and/or Aqua Instructor with Fitness Australia
- Possess a current Resuscitation Certificate and a current Senior First Aid Certificate
- A current Les Mill's pre-choreographed qualification is preferred
- Great communication skills with the ability to engage groups in a positive manner
- Be a strong team player
- Versatility and a willingness to learn commitment to role modelling our values of: Respect, Integrity, Optimism, Trust and Teamwork.
In return, you will join a friendly and cohesive team environment and receive the following:
- Casual employment
- Remuneration is offered at a casual rate (local government state award) with the addition of 9.5% super
- Generous professional development opportunities
- Weekly pay
Key contact: For further information, please contact Rachel Bastable, Centre Manager on 02 4645 4377.
Applications close: Friday 26 April 2019.
Sound like you? Apply now!
Campbelltown City Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and values the unique contributions of all people. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.