The YMCA is one of Brisbane's most recognisable customer-focused community organisations, providing opportunities for all people to grow in body, mind and spirit. The organisation operates a number of services including child care, health and fitness, hospitality and a hotel, education and training, outdoor education and camping, accommodation and benevolent activities including the YMCA Vocational School and the Schools' Breakfast program.
- Would you like to be a part of Gymnastics program that looks after its Coaches?
- Would you like to not have to pay for your First Aid and CPR qualifications?
- Would you like to not have to pay for your Blue Card Renewal?
- Would you like FREE admission to YMCA Yearly Gymnastics Congress?
- Would you like FREE admission to some of the Gymnastics QLD yearly Congress courses?
- Financial Support for upgrading Gymnastics Qualifications?
- Financial Support for relocation cost if moving from afar?
Come and join our fantastic team at Victoria Point! We are currently looking for a new enthusiastic Staff Development Leader.
The YMCA is one of the largest providers of sport and recreation in Queensland. It is our belief that gymnastics is amongst the best physical training and exercise you can do!
We offer recreational and competitive classes weekly in Kindergym, Recreational through the Steps Program as well WAG, MAG and Gym Fit for teenagers.
YMCA is home to over 5000 Gymnasts with Victoria Point being home to 1000.
As a result, we now have an exciting opportunity for Gymnastics Coaches at our YMCA Gymnastics Club at Victoria Point.
YMCA gymnastics coaches are an essential component in the delivery of YMCA Gymnastics programs and services. These positions require energetic and motivated people who are not afraid to use their own ideas and initiative within a gymnastics class environment.
This position will be required to coach, train and instruct all levels of competitive gymnastics and develop participants' abilities and assess their skills. This position will also complete some administrative tasks to assist with organizing competitions and other gymnastics events.
We are offering great flexibility with this role being on offer as either casual, part-time or full-time, depending on the successful candidate's availability.
To be considered for this position, you must meet the following selection criteria:
- Gymnastics coaching qualifications (minimum of advanced qualification);
- Current Technical Membership with Gymnastics Australia;
- Demonstrated experience as a gymnastics coach;
- Demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team;
- Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge of computer systems including the Microsoft Office suite of programs;
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificates or a willingness to obtain;
- Certificate of Suitability in accordance with the Commission for Children and Young people and Child Guardian or a willingness to obtain.
REMUNERATION & BENEFITS
The successful candidate will be rewarded with excellent working conditions including support from a management team with experience in the field, professional development and a fun and rewarding working environment.