|Position Title||Touch Footy Event Host / Referee for a Social League |
|Short Description||Urban Rec is Sydney's social sports club, a one-stop shop for all thing sport, and recreation in this city. We are looking for someone to host our Touch Football leagues (Tuesday in Centennial Park and Wednesdays in Camperdown). |
||More Jobs from this employer|
|Salary||$33 to $35 ph|
|Salary Currency||Australian Dollar|
|Location||Sydney, NSW, Australia|
Touch Football Event Host/Referee - Social, Outgoing, Sporty People Required - Tue and Wed
We need someone who knows Touch Football. You don’t need to be a qualified ref, but you need to know the rules and be able to enforce them, and teach them. We need someone who is good at talking to a crowd, making people feel welcome, and breaking the ice among new friends.
You will be in charge of the entire evening's proceedings, including being responsible for arranging all equipment, starting and finishing the games on time, and providing a fun environment for the players to enjoy their night of sport.
What you need to do:
- Look after the equipment and files, folders, first aid kit and report any replenishment needed
- Set up and play music - that’s right, always tunes at our events!
- Monitor/Referee, and coach the games
- Police and report any unfair, or unsportsmanlike conduct
- Greet teams, and be their main point of contact for the league
- Start and finish games on time
- Keep and record scores, including 'Fun Points'
- Let teams know about any Urban Rec events/parties coming up
- Contribute to the general ‘energy’ of the evening
- Be an ambassador for Urban Rec, help spread the word
- Take sweet photos for our social media highlight reel
- Make sure ring-in players have done their waivers online
Your Legendary Requirements
- Be available from ASAP to work the entire season (10 week season) preference for anyone willing to work the following season too.
- Be able to get to get to Centennial Park on Tuesdays or Camperdown Park on Wednesdays
- To have a good knowledge of Touch Footy rules, (no formal referee experience needed)
- Be willing and able to carry an equipment kit bag
- Be a passionate and energetic person, who enjoys meeting new people
- To be on time, every week, or give fair notice for UR to find a replacement
- Have access to a smartphone to be able to submit the scores each night
What you get:
- Free rego for one season with Urban Rec (Value $135)
- Urban Rec STAFF gear
- Generous hourly rate
- Get the opportunity to be a part of something and have a great time doing it. All you need to do is dedicate 3-4 hours of your time once a week!
||2 May 2019
|Phone (mobile)||0423 635 571|
||Click here to apply for position|
|How To Apply|
- Apply online, call us, shoot us a message, (or send us an email)
- If you fit, we will call you for a quick chat about your experience and availability.
- You might be required to do a trial game, and meet with current staff.
- If successful, you will go through a small training session with your League Manager before you start, so you can learn about all the ways we go above and beyond for our members.
|Join the Sportspeople Online Community
Register as a Job Seeker
and get the latest industry updates to accelerate your career!
You may not use data mining, robots, screen scraping, or similar automated data gathering, extraction or publication tools on this Site (including without limitation for the purposes of establishing, maintaining, advancing or reproducing information contained on our Site on your own website or in any other publication), except with Sportspeople's prior written consent.