|Position Title||Operations Manager|
|Short Description||Working directly with the Barça Academy Technical Directors and the Sydney & Brisbane Academy Managers, the Operations Manager will play a pivotal role in the delivery of the Academy programs, Camps and Tournaments.|
|Employer||BCN Sports ANZ Pty Ltd|
|Work Type||Full Time|
|Location||Sydney, NSW, Australia|
Working directly with the Barça Academy Technical Directors and the Sydney & Brisbane Academy Managers, the Operations Manager will play a pivotal role in the delivery of the Academy programs, Camps and Tournaments. At the core of these programs, the emphasis is on providing the highest quality service for current and prospective families, both on and off the pitch. The Barça Academy is growing rapidly in Australia and the successful candidate will be joining a project with the potential to become the leader in the crowded football educational market in this country.
Responsibilities: reports to the Country Manager - Australia
- Work collaboratively with the Academy Managers to facilitate the day-to-day operations of the Barça Academy in Sydney and Brisbane
- Work with the Technical Directors and Academy Managers to implement the season’s planning and organisation of Academy activities (training sessions, matches, trials, school visits, tournaments, etc.)
- Help develop the strategic plans of the project, including research, market analysis and implementation of new programs/initiatives
- Take the lead on the planning and delivery of school holiday camps and national and international tournaments.
- Manage relationships with facilities, local federations/associations, suppliers and other stakeholders
- Ensure the viability of the project, understanding the profits and losses
- Attend Academy activities on a regular basis to oversee the delivery and development of the programs
Requirements and skills:
- Relevant degree and/or experience working in the Sports Industry
- Experience with managing budgets and building financial forecasts
- Exceptional attention to detail and communication skills
- Highly organised and proactive approach with the ability to handle multiple projects at once
- Work well under pressure with deadlines and goals
- Access to internet and phone consistently, and proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Full NSW Driver’s License
- Current NSW Working with Children Check - persons prohibited from working with children must not apply
||27 Apr 2019
BCN Sports is a well-known professional organisation with expertise in the international sports industry. We develop and educate young athletes, manage academies, and organise sporting events such as tournaments, camps, clinics, team travel and tours.
BCN Sports is partnered with FC Barcelona, the world-leading club for developing players and educating them, aligned with values such as respect, humility and teamwork. Based in Canada and operating in China, Australia, New Zealand and the USA, BCN Sports currently runs 9 permanent official Barça Academies and has hosted more than 120 events worldwide in the last 4 years. Our team is composed of young and passionate individuals willing to grow with us in a fast-paced international setting.
The Barça Academy is an official Football School of FC Barcelona. BCN Sports operate the Sydney and Brisbane Academies and run Camps during school holidays. The Academies opened in July 2017 and currently have 350 registered players aged 6 to 16 years old, operating during the four school terms.
The coaching team at the Academies are made up of the Technical Directors (senior coaches at the Barça Academy in Barcelona who have relocated to Australia) and local assistant coaches. The Barça Academy Camps have been held since April 2016 in various cities around Australia and New Zealand.
|Phone (mobile)||0432 109 720|
Click here to apply for position|
|Join the Sportspeople Online Community
Register as a Job Seeker
and get the latest industry updates to accelerate your career!
You may not use data mining, robots, screen scraping, or similar automated data gathering, extraction or publication tools on this Site (including without limitation for the purposes of establishing, maintaining, advancing or reproducing information contained on our Site on your own website or in any other publication), except with Sportspeople's prior written consent.