The YMCA has been engaged by Moreland City Council to work together to deliver the vision of an Active Moreland for the entire Moreland community.
Brunswick Baths is one of six Active Moreland sites with a strong membership base carrying over to the swimming lessons. The centre consists of a heated 50 metre outdoor pool, Program Pool, spa, sauna, steam room, splash park & Toddler pool, fully equipped gymnasium, group fitness rooms and training zones and crèche.
Key Elements of the Role
We are seeking skilful, effective and proficient Swimming Teachers to join our fantastic team at Brunswick Baths. We are committed to the ongoing professional development and growth of our Aquatics Team. We encourage and support opportunities for further training and obtaining additional qualifications through recognised providers in the industry. There are many opportunities for progression within the Aquatics Department, Brunswick Baths and facilities within Active Moreland. The suitable candidate would preferably need to be available at least 3 days a week and weekends for our swimming program, teaching swimming and water safety from infant levels all the way up to adult classes and squads. A range of shifts are available to the suitable candidate with lessons running throughout the week and on weekends.
The Aquatic Education program at Brunswick baths is run through the YMCA swimming lessons program following the YMCA's swimming lesson curriculum and level guides.
Here at Brunswick Baths we are looking for teachers with extensive experience in Aquatic Education and Water Safety. The successful applicant will also be:
- Friendly, positive, approachable and helpful,
- Strong and valuable team player
- Up to date knowledge of swimming techniques and practices
- Efficient customer service, friendly mannerism, punctual and committed to shifts.
- Available to work flexible hours including evening and weekends.
- All applicants will undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment
The successful applicant will also need to be subject to a National Criminal Police Check before commencement of their position.
- Austswim Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety or equivelant
- Austswim Teacher of Infant and Preschool Aquatics
- Level 2/ Senior First Aid
- Working with Children Check
- Austswim Teacher of Aquatics Access and Inclusion
- Austswim Teacher of Towards Competitive Strokes
- Bronze Coaching License
YMCA Victoria is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment, and successful applicants must comply with the YMCA’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Framework. Visit our website for further information.