|Position Title||Chief of Finance and Operations|
|Short Description||This newly created role will work cross functionally to develop, drive and oversee the delivery of new and ongoing operating, financial and technological efficiencies and performance improvements.|
|Work Type||Full Time|
|Location||Casuarina, NSW, Australia|
Chief of Finance & Operations
About the role:
Reporting to the CEO, working closely with the Board of Directors and Leadership Team, in addition to working directly with Sport Australia and Federated bodies, the position will manage a diverse range of corporate functions including:
- Financial control and strategic financial planning
- Legal, risk, governance, compliance and insurance
- Business planning and strategic performance
- Procurement, contract management and leasing
- Technology and automation of business functions
- Working in a fast paced and often complex multi-discipline grassroots and high performance sport environment
- Working in and driving change wihtin a restricted resource environment
- Working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders and varying agendas
- Balancing corporate and operational requirements within a non-traditional sport culture
- Relevant experience in a CFO, COO, CTO or other Executive / Senior Management leadership position, ideally in the sport business sector
- Prior experience in a not-for-profit organisation
- Previous experience in providing commercial business advice, financial and performance reports to the CEO, Executive team and the Board
- Experience in applying, developing and implementing financial, reporting and accounting strategies, policies, standards and systems across an organisation
- Experience in review / implementation of business / ledger systems, management information systems, and automating these for continuous improvement to drive efficiencies
- Hands on exprience running payroll, employee PAYG and superannuation payments, leave accruals, accounts payable / receivables, leases, grants and other organisational operational finaance requirements
- Degree level accounting qualifications essential, with higher degree or MBA desirable
- Membership of a recognised Accounting body essential - CA and/or CPA
- Knowledge or a multi-level sport and/or member-based organisation
- Understanding of the Australian sporting system and funding framework is highly advantageous
- Provide strategic and operational accounting, budgetart and support to all organisational activities
- Prepare annual budget and forecasts for the group, as well as financial models for strategic plans
- Prepare all general purpose financial statements
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to make well considered decisions quickly and drive change as required
- Strong influencing skills to achieve desired outcomes across a diverse range of stakeholder groups
- Flexible approach with the ability and desire to be "hands on" and involved in the detail as required
- Strong passion for suring and the related community, lifestyle and culture of the sport
- Embody the values of Surfing Australia
- Highly involved member of the team
- Continuous learner
- Positive, strong and high energy
- Ability to quickly develop strong work relationships with internal and external stakeholders
||20 Apr 2019
About Surfing Australia:
SA is a National Sporting Organisation (NSO) that was formed on 1963 to establish, guide and promote the development of surfing within Australia. Our purpose is to create a happier and healthier Australia through surfing. SA is the representative body on the International Surfing Association (ISA) of which there are 100+ member countries and is recognised by the Australian Sports Commission (ASC), the Australian Olympic Committee (AOC) and is a member of the Water Safety Council of Australia.
Surfing is a newly appointed Olympic sport, aiming for medal success in Tokyo 2020. To support this focus, along with podium success in World Championship Tour (WCT) / World Qualifying Series (WQS) events, SA has established a world class High Performance team and facility supporting Australian athletes to become the world's best surfers and people.
Parallel to this is our sport development pathway fostering participation programs including SurfGroms, juniors, national surf schools, boardrider clubs, community development and inclusion programs. SA drives the majority of its revenue through its partnership portfolio and digital business.
The role is based in our Surfing Australia Head Office / High Performance Centre in Casuarina, NSW and may require some weekend work and occasional domestic travel.
The salary will be commensurate with the successful candidate’s skills and experience. Candidates who do not meet a large portion of the below skills need not apply.
Click here to apply for position|
|How To Apply|
If you want to join a business full of passionate, energetic and hardworking individuals, please submit your application. In your cover letter, please include an explanation of why your experience is specifically relevant to this role with Surfing Australia and why this is your next career move.
We thank everyone in advance for their application for the role, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Join the Sportspeople Online Community
Register as a Job Seeker
and get the latest industry updates to accelerate your career!
You may not use data mining, robots, screen scraping, or similar automated data gathering, extraction or publication tools on this Site (including without limitation for the purposes of establishing, maintaining, advancing or reproducing information contained on our Site on your own website or in any other publication), except with Sportspeople's prior written consent.