The Rugby Development Manager is responsible for the delivery of the Club’s participation goals via schools and player development pathways. Their efforts will promote the benefits and reputation of our club and build the quality and quantity of registered player as a result.
A key outcome of the role will be to attract, retain players and coaches through the development, delivery and implementation of the Club’s Rugby Development Programme
The role will work closely with the Club General Manager, Key Committee members and external bodies such as the QRU, BJRU, GPS, AIC, TAS and State school bodies within our catchment.
- Coordination of age (Under 15 to Under 19) specific training programs with Age Coordinators and Coaches
- Provision of age and position specific programs across U15 to First Grade levels
- Mentorship and guidance to players for the first 24 months as they leave the Under 19 program and enter the Grades system
- Deliver specific rugby skills sessions
- Coordinate an annual program of accreditation and education courses to ensure all coaches grow current accreditation and knowledge
- Work with the QRU and ARU to provide coaching development opportunities
- Align coaching development opportunities with existing player development sessions
- Develop and implement a rugby participation growth strategy for the club that attracts and retains school players
- Establish a call cycle across our region to ensure strong relationships with schools
- Ensure there is a seamless transition for our players between school and club rugby
- Support schools in the recruitment and development of coaches to school programs
- Attendance at key school rugby matches, functions and events as required
- Attendance at relevant school and club representative carnivals and tournaments
- Work with 1st XV coaches, Senior Representative coaches and QRU talent identification teams where beneficial for recruitment to the Club
- Work closely with First Grade Head Coach around talent identification from other clubs and codes
- Interacting with player managers where appropriate to recruit players of talent and good ethics
- Conduct all coaching duties of the Colts 1 team, including the pre-season planning and training
- Oversee the Under 19 Colts program with management of the training plans, selections and game plans including consultation with the General Manager and Strength & Conditioning Coaches
- Assist with the planning and execution of the Junior Club “Pathway to Prems” Academy
- Internal: General Manager, Head Coaches, Junior Club Coach Development team, players, key Committee Members within both Junior and Senior Club and Sponsors of the Rugby Development Program
- External: Staff and Coaches within school system, player managers and QRU/ARU Rugby Development staff
Barriers to Success
- Competing sporting codes and clubs for playing talent
- Multiple contact points to deliver the Club’s rugby and participation goals
- Lack of ability to be innovative and agile to go after opportunities as they present
- Poor planning skills
- Poor communication skills
- Assist in the welfare and well-being of the players
- Coach, motivate and inspire team and coaches to optimise performance
- Lead the Under 19 Colts Coaching and Management team
- Develop and champion the pathway program for junior players to successfully transition into the Senior grades
- Assist the General Manager by leading the continual development and innovation of the Norths Rugby Program
|How To Apply|
Applications should be sent to Shane Sullivan by Friday 21st September 2018.
If you are intending on applying, please do so as early as possible.
Please provide a cover letter addressing the role responsibilities with an accompanying CV.
This should be sent electronically to: