Wimmera Regional Sports Assembly (WRSA) and Volleyball Victoria Inc (Volleyball Victoria) are seeking a team player with a sound knowledge of sport development to lead the sport in western Victoria.
Volleyball Victoria Inc has in excess 5,500 individual members and 40 affiliate Stakeholders, Clubs, and Academies across the State. Volleyball Victoria works with stakeholders in the community to develop, grow, and deliver volleyball to participants of all ages and abilities.
Located at the WRSA in Horsham and reporting jointly to the Volleyball Victoria Development Coordinator and WRSA Executive Officer, your role as the Regional Association Development Officer (RADO) will be to apply your understanding of club/association development, communication, and stakeholder management skills to support Western region affiliates to be more sustainable and more effective in local communities.
Working independently, this varied and challenging role is responsible for:
- Preparing an annual operational plan reflective of the agreed priorities and outcomes of the RADO project stakeholders
- Setting priorities, planning, and organising work schedules under the supervision of the Volleyball Victoria Development Coordinator in partnership with WRSA Executive Officer
- Providing advice on governance and management to RADO project stakeholders and contribute to the development of Strategic and Operational Plans at each affiliate, where appropriate
- Coordinating education, training and development programs aimed at increasing the capacity of volunteers
- Source, inform, and support RADO project stakeholders on grant opportunities, sponsorship, and fundraising
- Effectively liaise with all stakeholders to ensure appropriate alignment of programs and pathways
- Develop partnerships with government bodies, local clubs, schools, the community, elected members of all levels of government, and other stakeholders in relation to sport and recreation issues, projects, and programs
- Working with WRSA Regional Sport Program manager and project coordinator on increasing participation in female sport for youth, 12-17yo, and females
- Working with the All Abilities Program manager on increasing participation for all abilities athletes and aboriginal target groups
This is a great opportunity for an individual with strong organisational skills, an understanding of club development principles, and a desire to contribute to the growth of volleyball in western Victoria, positively impacting people’s wellbeing, health, and fitness.
Previous experience in volleyball and a current coach accreditation would be an advantage.
|How To Apply|
To obtain more information about this role including a copy of the Position Description, please contact Matt Berry, Development Coordinator, on (03) 9794 0009 or David Berry, Executive Officer WRSA on (03) 5382 4599, or apply by forwarding your resume and application letter addressing the key selection criteria to email@example.com
Applications close at 5:00pm Sunday, 22 July 2018