|Position Title||Project Coordinator|
|Short Description||Sports Central are seeking an energetic Project Coordinator to join our team. This position will take the operational lead on our:|
VicHealth Regional Sport Program, which aims to increase physical activity levels, with a particular focus on young people, women and girls, and increase the number of community sport clubs that are providing more welcoming, safe and inclusive environments for women and girls
Sport and Recreation Victoria – Female Leadership and Participation in Sport Strategy
|Work Type||Part Time|
|Location||Ballarat, VIC, Australia|
- 26.6 to 38 hours per week (0.7 to 1 EFT)
Sports Central is one of nine Regional Sport Assemblies operating throughout Victoria. Based in Ballarat, the organisation facilitates and supports participation in sport and active recreation across six shires in the Central Highlands region. The shires include Ararat Rural City Council, City of Ballarat, Golden Plains Shire Council, Hepburn Shire Council, Moorabool Shire Council and Pyrenees Shire Council.
Sports Central is a not-for-profit organisation, primarily funded through Sport and Recreation Victoria to deliver the Supporting Victorian Sport and Recreation Program and VicHealth to deliver Regional Sport Program. The organisation is also a community partner with the Alcohol and Drug Foundation in the delivery of the Good Sports Program.
The Project Coordinator position is responsible for taking the operational lead on the organisation’s VicHealth - Regional Sport Program and Sport and Recreation Victoria - Female Leadership and Participation in Sport Strategy, along with supporting the delivery of other funded programs.
The aims of the position are to:
VicHealth - Regional Sport Program
- Increase the physical activity levels of people in the Central Highlands region, with a particular focus on young people (12-17 years), women and girls
- Increase the number of community sport clubs across the Central Highlands region that are providing more welcoming, safe and inclusive environments for women and girls
Sport and Recreation Victoria - Female Leadership and Participation in Sport Strategy
- Educate associations and clubs on the benefits of diversity in leadership and committee roles
- Increase the availability and range of training for female leaders in local sport
- Support associations and clubs to implement policy and practice to increase representation of women in leadership roles
- Consult with local leaders in female sport to identify local priorities and opportunities
- Partner with Local Government to implement female sports strategies
- Promote the benefits of a healthy and active life through participation in sport and recreation
- Build the capacity of sport and active recreation providers by enhancing the knowledge and skills of administrators, coaches and officials
- Support the governance of sporting organisations through the development of policies, plans and sustainable practices
- Tertiary qualifications in health promotion, human movement, public health, sport management or a related discipline and / or appropriate equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge and experience in project planning, implementation, management and evaluation.
- Knowledge of the Australian sport and active recreation industry, particularly at community level.
- Ability to engage with a broad range of population groups across specific ages, gender, people in rural and remote areas, socioeconomically disadvantaged people, people with a disability, Indigenous and CALD communities, etc.
- Understanding of the principles of health promotion and its application in a community sport and recreation setting.
- Understanding of the principles of community development to achieve sustainable outcomes.
- Ability to facilitate small group activities / consultations.
- Strong organisation and time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
||23 Mar 2018
|Phone (work)||(03) 5331 6966|
|Phone (mobile)||0400 886 820|
Click here to apply for position|
|How To Apply|
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter, resume and address the key selection criteria contained within the position description.
| ||Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Australia|
|Join the Sportspeople Online Community
Register as a Job Seeker
and get the latest industry updates to accelerate your career!
You may not use data mining, robots, screen scraping, or similar automated data gathering, extraction or publication tools on this Site (including without limitation for the purposes of establishing, maintaining, advancing or reproducing information contained on our Site on your own website or in any other publication), except with Sportspeople's prior written consent.