Macquarie University Sport and Recreation is seeking a Sport Club & Alumni Coordinator to join the Sport Development team. This position is responsible for the business development, engagement and administrative support of the Macquarie University Sport Clubs. The role is responsible for ensuring sport clubs employ best practice models and frameworks in ensuring sustainable club governance.
As the first point of contact for Macquarie University Sport Clubs, the successful applicant will be comfortable communicating with club executives and developing, coordinating and implementing a wide range of engagement programs aimed at increasing participation of Macquarie University students. Reporting to the Manager - Sport Development, the position will work alongside other areas of Sport Development in improving the integration between club and university sport, programs, events, and social sport.
The Sport Club & Alumni Coordinator also works alongside the Operations team in assisting the sport clubs with facility bookings, venue requirements and administration. The position will also develop and maintain the Sporting Hall of Fame exhibition. The role is also responsible for the Alumni Engagement Program, supporting key events and activities conducted by the universities Alumni Relations Office.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in an associated industry (or in a similar role)
- A Bachelor's degree in Community Development, Business or Sport / Recreation Management
- First Aid and CPR certificate (or willingness to obtain)
- Working with Children Check (or willingness to obtain)
- Demonstrated experience in the development and coordination of business, strategic marketing and/or sponsorship programs
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications - Word, Excel, Outlook
- Demonstrated experience in the sourcing and preparation of funding and facility grants
- Demonstrated experience engaging with University Alumni
- Knowledge of the leisure/sport industry
- RLSSA Lifeguard Licence (or willingness to attain)
Why Work for Campus Life?
- Complimentary Macquarie University Sport & Aquatic Centre access
- Friendly team and great work life balance
- 10% superannuation and company paid parental leave
- Access to discounted health insurance
- Paid concessional day during December / January close down
- Extensive professional development and career progression opportunities
- Access to the universities library, borrowing, printing, computer access and databases
Please include a short cover letter along with your resume outlining your experience. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Australia. Applications close Friday 23rd March 2018.
Campus Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.