Lead Fitness Trainer & Assessor Wanted - Opportunity in Sydney
Permanent, Full Time
The Australian Learning Group is looking for dynamic and motivated people to join our expanding team within one of our colleges - the Australian College of Sport and Fitness. We are a fast growing and vibrant education organisation who is committed to providing high quality education and great service to 2,000 students Australia wide.
Why work for ALG?
The Australian Learning Group has been educating Australians and International Students for over 30 years. We are passionate about high quality education, practical learning and providing our students with the skills to prepare them for their new career. We operate several accredited colleges including Australian College of Sport and Fitness, NSW School of Massage, Australian College of Dance and 4life College. We deliver nationally recognised training to over 1,400 students per year, across 4 national campuses in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth.
ALG is value-driven and strives to deliver great service to our clients and a supportive work environment for our staff. Our key company attributes are passion, dedication and hard work while also being supportive and a really friendly down-to earth company. We pride ourselves on our strong team spirit and positive work environment. We love our employees and as a result offer weekly free massages though our onsite NSW School of Massage and opportunities to enrol in any of our Fitness, Dance or Massage courses for free. We want to make sure you find ALG a great place to work!
About the role
As our Lead Fitness Trainer & Assessor you will be responsible for directing and driving the performance of the Fitness trainers and assessor within the state campus, in addition to the training and assessment of ALG Fitness and/or Sport and Recreation courses to students.
The Lead Fitness Trainer and Assessor is responsible for ensuring that our courses meet the Australian Quality and Standards Agency (ASQA) requirements for vocational education. The Lead Fitness Trainer and Assessor will report to the Campus Manager and is responsible for class room teaching across ALG Fitness and/or Sport and Recreation courses, mentoring and support of trainers and assessors and input into course development when required.
We are looking for someone who is willing and able to:
- Identify the various needs of students and creating effective learning options to meet these needs
- Liaise with industry and education sectors to ensure provision of relevant programs and services
- Offer constructive input into the planning, designing and developing of course curriculum and method of instruction including, but not limited to, classroom notes, distance education notes, marking guides, mapping grids, assessments and instructional aids
- Evaluate trainers delivery of content and give regular feedback, ensuring there is consistency across all course curriculum and method of instruction
- Support the Sport and Fitness team including inducting new trainers & assessors
- Support the Human Resources Manager and Campus Managers with recruitment of new trainers for both distance education and classroom trainers and assessors
- Advise students on courses and related matters
- Assess and grade students' assignments, papers and exams and providing feedback to students about their progress
- Maintain records of students' progress, attendance and training activities
- Consult with Campus Managers, Student Advisors and other support staff
- Provide regular management reporting of results
- Pursue personal development activities as required in order to develop new qualifications or courses
- Facilitate and manage projects within strict timelines
- All other duties as reasonable required and/or ancillary to the role
The key selection criteria for this role includes:
- At least five (5) years current industry experience in the vocational sector
- 3+ years of experience as a Trainer and Assessor or teacher in your vocation
- A sound knowledge and understanding of the vocational education and training sector
- A comprehensive understanding of how RTOs operate in a business context
- Sound knowledge of training packages and units of competency
- Certificate IV and Diploma of Fitness OR higher qualification or a postgraduate diploma.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment TAE40110 or higher
- Enthusiasm, adaptability and a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- A positive outlook
- The successful candidate will be comfortable in the face of adversity
Why you’ll love this job …
- Enjoy the immense job satisfaction that goes hand in hand with this busy, multifaceted role
- You will you will have access to a weekly massage for FREE once you are a member of our team
- We allow you to enrol in any of our Fitness, Dance or Massage courses for FREE once you are a member of our team and have passed probation
|How To Apply|
Our friendly team ensures a fun, inspiring and fulfilling working environment, with the emphasis on team and support.
So come and join us!
If you feel that you have the required skills and knowledge to be part of our team, send your CV with a cover letter which specifically addresses each of the Key Selection Criteria to email@example.com.
Please include your individual working rights (including your current visa type) and notice period in your application.