Initialy this role will be 16 hours per week
Qrun provides a wide range of support services to the entire Queensland running community including runners, events, clubs, training groups and coaches.
Qrun is the number one supporter of running events in Queensland with over 75 events and 82,000 runners. If you have run in organised events in Queensland it’s very likely that you were running in a Qrun supported event.
Qrun also provides membership for running clubs, groups, businesses, coaches and individuals with wide ranging support benefits including insurance.
Qrun is under the umbrella of Queensland Athletics, the governing body for the sport of athletics in Queensland, and our vision is to serve and unite the Queensland running community. Qrun is not-for-profit and is supported by a dedicated group of staff and volunteers lead by Qrun Manager Benita Willis – one of Australia’s best ever distance athletes and a four time Olympian.
The Qrun Communications Coordinator will:
- Work with the Qrun Manager, Queensland Athletics CEO and Operations Manager to develop a comprehensive communications strategy for Qrun.
- Implement and deliver on the identified communications strategy.
- Work with a wide range of external stakeholders in order to source new content.
- Liaise with external events, running groups, clubs, coaches and individuals involved in the recreational running community, ascertain their communication needs with the goal of maximising the ability of Qrun to provide communication support.
- Maintain and update Qrun communication tools, website, social media and EDMs on a weekly basis.
- Write new content for Qrun communication tools.
- Attend and support major events and Qrun group activities.
As the Qrun Communications Coordinator preferably you will have:
- Experience in communications, social media, e-mail marketing and website maintenance
- Be a motivated self-starter with the ability to work within a small team
- Have an understanding of the recreational running market and a passion to see it grow
- While being keen to work in a well supported flexible part-time role, you will also be available to at times work out of usual business hours.