Macquarie University Sport is currently seeking a Manager - Sport Programs to lead and manage the sport & recreation program work area of Macquarie University Sport. Your focus will be on delivering impressive customer service, appropriate compliance and ensuring the financial sustainability of the programs reporting to this position.
As the Manager - Sport Programs, you will ensure the delivery of high quality services in key program areas such as sport (gymnastics, martial arts, aquatics), schools, school holidays; and programs that engage with the Macquarie University community. You will develop an annual marketing and promotional plan in conjunction with marketing, lead strategies to maximise member retention and provide leadership and mentoring to your staff.
- Degree in Sport & Recreation Management/Business or related fields, or equivalent experience in a senior management role, preferably in a leisure centre environment
- Highly developed leadership skills with a capacity to motivate and build the capacity of staff
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the sport/aquatic industry or related field with an acute understanding of customer service
- Proven ability to promote services to members and drive an innovative sales program
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing successful marketing campaigns to grow community based programs such as swim school, martial arts and gymnastics
- Demonstrated understanding of financial management
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
Benefits of Working for Campus Life
- Great work life balance
- Monthly RDOs
- Competitive salary plus 10% super
- Up to 8 weeks paid parental leave
- Access to discounted health insurance
- Paid concessional day during Christmas break
- Free Macquarie University Sport & Aquatic Centre access
- Extensive professional development and career progression opportunities
Campus Life employees enjoy access to extensive Macquarie University facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
Campus Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer & aims to promote Diversity. All applications will be considered. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Australia.