Motorcycling Queensland, the administration and management body for motorcycle sport and recreation in Queensland, is seeking a Media & Public Relations Coordinator to join our small friendly team based in the organisations head office in Ipswich.
The successful applicant will be confident in their ability and possess outstanding communication skills, across a range of media, and will be able to establish positive working partnerships with internal and external stakeholders through the implementation of proactive and creative media and PR strategies.
In order to be considered for the role of Media & Public Relations Coordinator, you will have:
- thorough knowledge of current media / communication trends and ability to achieve positive media for diverse projects;
- ability to deliver various media and public relations activities both autonomously and as a team to ensure the organisations brand is promoted;
- high self-confidence in PR and creative writing skills;
- design and execute all MQ press and promotional content, as well as being proficient in website content management and Adobe Creative Suite CS6;
- take the lead with innovative ideas and see them through the development stage to implementation;
- ideally 1-3 years experience in a similar role.
A knowledge of, or interest in, the sports and recreation industry and / or motorcycle activity, whilst not essential, would be an advantage.
To succeed in this role, you will be a positive team player, taking ownership of your role while proactively contributing to yours, and your team’s success.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a forward thinking and proactive State Sporting Organisation.
Job Title: Media & Public Relations Coordinator
Reports to: Operations Manager
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Location: MQ Head Office, Level 2, 8 Gordon Street, Ipswich
Salary Package: Negotiable up to $50,000 + super, subject to skills & experience
Leave loading: 17.5%
Qualifications: A media, communications, marketing, PR or related degree or equivalent professional experience is desirable.
*A three month probation period applies to this position.