|Position Title||Umpiring Academy Manager|
|Short Description||An exciting new opportunity exists for someone who is passionate about AFL and the development of umpires. This person will play an integral role in developing and driving the operations of the new SMJFL Umpiring Academy and providing a pathway for over 500 umpires.|
|Employer||South Metro Junior Football League|
|Work Type||Part Time|
|Location||Melbourne, VIC, Australia|
(P/T - Temporary with potential for ongoing employment)
The South Metro Junior Football League (SMJFL) is one of the largest independent junior football leagues in Australia with over 450 teams, 10,500+ participants, 26-member clubs and managing over 500 umpires. The league aims to be the industry leader in the administration and delivery of junior sport.
The primary objective of the Umpiring Academy Manager is to develop the new Academy and its programs. The academy will ensure professional ongoing operations of the SMJFL competitions by recruiting, developing, retaining and growing the number of quality umpires for the SMJFL.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Assume the overall responsibility for the creation and management of the SMJFL Umpiring Academy Program including policies, procedures and manuals
- Appoint, manage and mentor suitably qualified/accredited personnel to the Umpiring Program
- Act as the primary contact point for all umpire related enquiries
- Create a supportive umpiring coaching environment
- Develop a coaching plan in conjunction with the Head Umpire Coach to be implemented by Coaches conducting coaching and skills sessions
- Proactively recruit and manage the umpires with the intention to develop and implement annual recruitment/retention programs
- Maintain visions & values, code of conduct for umpires & coaches
- Coordinate training/education sessions with SMJFL member clubs which will assist the league and clubs to improve match day behaviour towards umpires
- Manage Club Volunteer Umpires
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification
- Sports Management Degree
- Experience using Schedula umpire appointments program
- Experience using FootyWeb
- Experience working with volunteers
- Experience with community football administration and networks
- Knowledge of the SMJFL competition
- Level 1 AFL Umpiring Accreditation
||23 Nov 2017
For all enquiries, please contact Emily McIntyre via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Phone (work)||(03) 9553 5985|
Click here to apply for position|
|How To Apply|
To apply, please forward a cover letter together with your resume to email@example.com and place in the subject header of your email “UMPIRING ACADEMY MANAGER”.
Applications close Thursday 23 November, 2017.
Note: Only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
| ||Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Australia|
|Join the Sportspeople Online Community
Register as a Job Seeker
and get the latest industry updates to accelerate your career!
You may not use data mining, robots, screen scraping, or similar automated data gathering, extraction or publication tools on this Site (including without limitation for the purposes of establishing, maintaining, advancing or reproducing information contained on our Site on your own website or in any other publication), except with Sportspeople's prior written consent.