- A workplace where leadership and life go together.
- A role with more to dive into.
- Full Time, Permanent Opportunity
City of Adelaide is committed to servicing the people with our vision to be a welcoming and dynamic city full of rich and diverse experiences. Our plan is to enrich Adelaide’s lifestyle and boost its growth by becoming one of the world’s smartest cities with a globally-connected and opportunity-rich economy. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and be a bigger part of our amazing city!
The Adelaide Aquatic Centre does this by providing great opportunities for the community to be active, maintain their health and participate in recreation and community sports programs.
About the Opportunity
Based at the Adelaide Aquatic Centre, the Aquatic Supervisor will;
- Supervise day-to-day operations of the Centre including motivating and supervising all staff.
- Work in collaboration with the Team Leader Aquatic Operations to ensure the delivery and improvement of customer safety, customer service standards, operation event management, water quality and cleanliness, and general presentation of the facility.
- Continually display a high level of customer service, initiative and effective communication skills.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A clear understanding of the risks associated with the safe management of an aquatic environment.
- A clear understanding of customer service principles and their application.
- Be conversant with plant/machinery operations relevant to the operation of public swimming pools including the principles of filtration, circulation, chemical treatment, heating systems and controls.
- Knowledge of legislation relevant to the operation of the Centre.
Essential for this role is a Lifeguard Award, Senior First Aid Certificate, Pool Operators Certificate and Fire Warden Training.
For Further Enquiries & How to Apply
All enquiries regarding this position will remain private and confidential and can be directed to Brad Wenske, Group Team Leader - Operations, Aquatic Centre on (08) 8203 7376.
Please submit a Resume and a Cover Letter expressing the skills, experience and qualities you can bring to this position addressed to Brad Wenske.
Please review the position description prior to submitting an application by visiting www.cityofadelaide.com.au/careers
Applications close midnight Tuesday 24 October 2017.
Please be advised this is a full-time, permanent opportunity with a starting salary at the Level 5 Leisure Services Enterprise Agreement commencing at $66,391 + 9.5% superannuation.
As part of the recruitment process candidates will be required to undertake a police check and a pre-employment medical assessment.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.