We are currently seeking a Marketing and Communications Coordinator to support the alignment of OneSport Marketing and Communications strategies throughout the sport of athletics in NSW. This role will be a shared position working with both Little Athletics NSW and Athletics NSW.
This is an important position requiring a highly organised individual with a strong attention to detail, who possesses a good understanding of communications principles, excellent writing skills and an ability to develop and implement proactive promotional campaigns.
Relevant professional experience and tertiary qualifications, as well as the ability to work well within a team and individually, will be key to success in this role. Equally important will be the ability to liaise with, manage, and build relations with a diverse range of stakeholders.
To be considered, candidates will need to be able to demonstrate experience in working in a marketing and communications role, ideally within the sporting industry.
We are looking for a talented individual who is self-motivated, reliable, and will work well within the wider organisational teams, including volunteers.
An understanding of sport, and athletics in particular, is desirable.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Assist the Marketing and Communications Manager in the following areas:
- Developing communications and media plans and strategies to enhance the profiles of LANSW and ANSW, integrating a range of communication channels (website, social media and digital media) and engaging all relevant members and stakeholders;
- Coordinating and maintaining the LANSW and ANSW websites, including sourcing, developing and uploading content and monitoring web statistical data on usage and visitation;
- Compiling regular e-newsletters for distribution to databases of members, partners and other stakeholders;
- Coordinating LANSW and ANSW’s social media presence on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat and YouTube, including development of content, event day presence, the integration of partner activities and the promotion of their initiatives;
- Developing and implementing promotional and advertising campaigns (both internal and external) and identifying new opportunities to engage both the general public and members, to further promote the sport overall and specific LANSW and ANSW events;
- Developing and maintaining key media partnerships to increase coverage of LANSW and ANSW events;
- Performing media monitoring and reporting;
- Maintaining a timely and accurate image library of LANSW and ANSW members, events and activities for both print and digital application;
- Developing key organisational documents and a range of marketing materials, including presentations, brochures, graphics and signage, as well as compiling the LANSW and ANSW annual reports and other publications as required;
- Establishing effective community engagement programs encompassing local councils, sporting groups, community projects and initiatives;
- Identifying new opportunities to increase existing partnerships of LANSW and ANSW events and properties;
- Researching and identifying new financial and in-kind sponsorship opportunities for LANSW and ANSW events and properties outside of current partnerships;
- Ensuring partners are serviced in a manner that leads to the development of long term relationships;
- Developing a promotional plan for LANSW and ANSW key events, including event day activations, photography and social media.