|Position Title||High Performance Committee Member|
|Short Description||Softball Victoria (SV) are currently seeking expressions of interest from females for two vacant positions on the SV High Performance Committee (HPC). There are currently two female specific positions available on the SV HPC as per the requirements of the Terms of Reference. The HPC has been established to support the management and delivery of the athlete and coach development pathway and relevant high performance initiatives in the SV strategic plan.|
|Work Type||Volunteer Position|
|Location||Melbourne, VIC, Australia|
The HPC advises the SV EO on the following high performance matters:
- Elite Development Program (athlete development pathway):
- Talent identification and development programs
- The daily training environment
- State Softball coaching curriculum and ‘whole of State Teams’ approach
- Opportunities to advocate high performance initiatives
- High performance policies, processes and practices
- Priorities for resource allocation
- Coach development pathway and education initiatives
- Other responsibilities as directed by the EO
In addition and via the SV EO, the HPC advises the SV Board on any athlete and coach pathway and high performance matters that impact the governance of SV.
- The Committee has no delegated authorities.
The Committee is required to maintain relationships with the following people and groups and keep them informed in order to work toward seamless pathways and an integration of the officiating roles:
- SV EO
- SV Staff
- SV State Team and Development Coaching staff
- Directors of Umpiring and Scoring
- Softball Australia High Performance Director
- The Committee shall meet face-to face or by teleconference a minimum of four times a year and otherwise as determined by the Chair.
- In the absence of the Chair the most senior Softball Victoria staff member present at a meeting shall chair the meeting.
- A quorum will be constituted by the Chair as a majority (50% plus one) of current members of the Committee.
- Any other person may attend a meeting at the invitation of the Chair.
- An agenda shall be prepared and circulated prior to every meeting.
- Information supporting agenda items shall be circulated with the agenda.
Minutes shall be taken at each meeting, outlining all recommendations to the EO and actions arising.
- The Committee may recommend to the EO that these Terms of Reference be varied to enable it to deal with any matter or issue which it considers should be addressed by the Committee.
- The EO may at any time amend or vary these Terms of Reference as they see fit.
- The High Performance Committee will comprise of a maximum of nine members constituted as follows:
- Open Women’s Head Coach
- Open Men’s Head Coach
- SV Athlete Coach and Performance Manager
- Two athlete representatives (one male and one female) who have represented at State or National level in the last 2 years
- The remaining positions will be filled by individuals with experience in high performance sport; that may include the following skill sets:
- An independent that has experience working with and an understanding of High Performance environments and athlete and coach development pathways
- An individual with knowledge and understanding of athlete and coach education programs and resources
- Other individuals that are deemed to be able to provide knowledge and expertise relevant to the Terms of Reference of the HP Committee
- A Chair of the Committee will be appointed by the members and recommended to the SV EO for approval.
- An individual may be a member of the Committee in more than one capacity.
- The Committee will have a gender balance of no more than 60% from either gender.
- Individual members are required to attend a minimum of 75% of meetings within any calendar year. Failure to do so may result in the Executive Officer reviewing the individuals membership.
For a more detailed description of the committee and the roles it encompasses please read the Terms of Reference attached to this advertisement.
||20 Oct 2017
| ||This role is designated Elite Athlete Friendly meaning the employer is open to accepting expressions of interest from elite athletes who require flexible work arrangements for training and competition.|
|Phone (work)||(03) 9415 1745|
Click here to apply for position|
|How To Apply|
To submit an application please email Softball Victoria Executive Officer Nick Frayne at email@example.com and include the following detail and documentation:
- Provide a brief statement outlining why you are interested in becoming a member of the High Performance Committee
- Provide a brief background of your experience relating to high performance sport
- Provide any other supporting documentation that you deem relevant: (resume, referrals, qualifications, articles, etc)
Please find attached SV HPC Terms of Reference for your perusal, if you require any further information please contact Nick Frayne on (03) 9415 1745.
| ||Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Australia|
|Join the Sportspeople Online Community
Register as a Job Seeker
and get the latest industry updates to accelerate your career!
You may not use data mining, robots, screen scraping, or similar automated data gathering, extraction or publication tools on this Site (including without limitation for the purposes of establishing, maintaining, advancing or reproducing information contained on our Site on your own website or in any other publication), except with Sportspeople's prior written consent.