The Royal Prince Alfred Yacht Club, Newport, seeks an experienced communications professional to provide PR, marketing and related support across all Club activities.
As a sailing club with comprehensive events, racing & training programs, a familiarity with sailing would be an advantage.
The successful applicant will:
- Source, write and prepare communications (including media press releases, Club newsletter and promotional material);
- Identify opportunities to create press interest;
- Have sound knowledge of photography, videography & editing including related software;
- Communicate club activities to members across a range of media including social & traditional print;
- Maintain web and digital presence & implement creative techniques to improve engagement;
- Support other departments to market and promote their initiatives;
- Provide event assistance;
- Liaise with members, media, advertisers, sponsors and suppliers.
The Communications Coordinator is required to work Tuesday to Saturday and reports to the Sailing & Communications Manager.
The successful candidate will be energetic, proactive and have strong IT and social media skills along with exceptional written and interpersonal skills with a thorough knowledge of grammar and spelling. Experience with Adobe Suite, graphic design software essential.
This role will suit an experienced communicator who seeks a local and rewarding role.