Wheelchair Sports NSW (WS NSW), formed in 1961, provides multi-sport opportunities and promotes sporting excellence for wheelchair users throughout NSW. Wheelchair Sports NSW is the highest profile of all the individual disability sporting groups and is regarded as a dynamic leader in the field.
Reporting to the Manager Sports Programs, the Regional Sport Development Officer is responsible for delivering a comprehensive program of coaching, competition, events and other activities to foster awareness of and participation in wheelchair sport throughout Northern New South Wales.
Initial 1 year appointment with the option to extend.
- Formalise or establish a Regional Coordinator and where appropriate a Regional Committee for each allocated region to support self-sufficient regional operation
- Plan and conduct sporting events, competitions and programs within regions
- Develop and maintain a Regional Operations Manual for use in each region
- Work in conjunction with WS NSW’s Sport Development Officers (SDO’s) based in Head Office with State wide sport activity including all development, administration, marketing and budgetary tasks
- Assist in membership recruitment, servicing, retention and development
- Assist in volunteer recruitment and retention
Regional visits will be required on a regular basis
You will need high levels of energy and enthusiasm with the capacity to contribute to the successful management and delivery of disability sport for all ages and stages.
You will need the ability to work independently and there will be large amounts of travel in regional NSW. You will have strong communication and administrative skills, excellent time management skills and a genuine desire to make a difference to the lives of those with a disability.
Experience in wheelchair or disability sport is not a prerequisite for this role. The position would suit a graduate in sports management or allied qualification as an entry level position.