|Position Title||Events Manager|
|Short Description||Athletics NSW is the governing body of Athletics in New South Wales and is responsible for the overall management, promotion and growth of Athletics throughout the State. With more than 90 affiliated clubs and over 20,000 registered members, Athletics NSW is the largest state athletics association in Australia.|
|Work Type||Full Time|
|Salary||Up to $60,000 pa|
+ super + car
|Salary Currency||Australian Dollar|
|Location||Sydney Olympic Park , NSW, Australia|
- Events Manager
- Full Time (flexible working hours will be considered
The position is an integral part of the strategic direction of Athletics New South Wales as it is aimed at ensuring that all participants within our events enjoy themselves and want to come back.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
A key member of the Athletics NSW Team, the Events Manager will be responsible for:
- ‘User Experience’ - ensuring that all participants within ANSW events have a positive experience
- ANSW Athletics Event Management, including summer track and field, winter out of stadia and RunNSW events
- Non-Athletics Event Management
Specific Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Leading a culture of customer service within the organisation
- Working with the Competitions Team to ensure that ANSW events are planned in advance and delivered smoothly on the day
- Working with the Marketing Team to ensure that pre-event promotion and marketing is carried out according to schedule and that all online and social media information is correct
- Ensuring that event activations, including those of ANSW partners and sponsors, are considered a success and achieve strategic objectives
- Liaising with ANSW Member Clubs and other stakeholders who are involved in the delivery of ANSW events
- Managing the Regional Run Series (RunNSW) and working with Race Directors and ANSW staff to prepare for and deliver events, including media launches and associated lead up activations (eg coaching courses, school visits)
- Coordinating with the Competitions Team to ensure that timing solutions are provided for all Regional Run Series events
- Coordinating with workforce (staff, officials, volunteers, contractors and Clubs) to ensure that event day schedules are in place and that all parties are aware of what is required of them
- Coordinating with Officials Coordinator to ensure adequate levels of officials and other volunteers at ANSW events for all non-competitions roles
- Assisting in the building of the ANSW and RunNSW brands to ensure that both are seen as the ‘voices of authority’ and the ‘trusted voices’ in their respective areas
- Working with Little Athletics NSW as required to further the goals of the OneSport Strategic Plan
- Providing strategic input into ‘product development’ around ANSW events
Please refer to attached position description for further details.
||25 Aug 2017
Click here to apply for position|
|How To Apply|
Applicants should submit their resume and a covering letter by 5pm on Friday 25 August.
The cover letter should be no more than two pages and should address the selection criteria contained in the attached Job Description.
Applications should be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com.
| ||Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Australia|
|Join the Sportspeople Online Community
Register as a Job Seeker
and get the latest industry updates to accelerate your career!
You may not use data mining, robots, screen scraping, or similar automated data gathering, extraction or publication tools on this Site (including without limitation for the purposes of establishing, maintaining, advancing or reproducing information contained on our Site on your own website or in any other publication), except with Sportspeople's prior written consent.