- Great career paths and development with an entrepreneurial organisation
- Free club access
- Enjoy a great work / life balance
- Lead a team of passionate swimming teachers
This is a great opportunity for swim school leaders who enjoy swimming, love working with children, who want to lead a team teach the skills of swimming and the value of water safety.
The City of Sydney Aquatic Facilities of Ian Thorpe Aquatic & Fitness Centre, Cook & Phillip Park Aquatic & Fitness Centre, Victoria Park Pool, Andrew (Boy) Charlton Pool and Prince Alfred Park Pool are a combination of indoor and outdoor swimming pools all within the City of Sydney Council Area. Offering a range of year-round aquatic and leisure programs for a diverse range of ages, interests, levels and abilities.
The centres each feature 50m Olympic pools with family leisure and program pools available for children and families. Focused on providing comprehensive community access, all pools are heated and provide access for people with disability.
The responsibility of the Swim School Coordinator is to assist in the management and operation of the swim school and related services and programs. The Aquatic Services Coordinator’s primary responsibility is managing the financial performance of the program in order to achieve the goals and targets as set out in the annual business plan for the Swim School.
The Aquatic Services Coordinator will lead and provide direction to the Team Leader, Pool Deck Supervisors and Swim Teachers to ensure the delivery of swim school programs to the highest standard possible.
You will have a passion for swimming and the progression of students. You should be energetic, dynamic, outgoing and fun, with a flair for working with children. You will need outstanding communication skills and a commitment to customer service excellence to ensure swim school members, patrons and parents are gaining maximum benefit and enjoyment from the services provided.
Successful applicants will demonstrate the ability to communicate and interact effectively with students that have a diverse range of ages, abilities, cultures and needs.
Skills & Attributes:
- Strong people leadership with an ability to inspire others
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- An understanding of OHS and public safety applications within your facility
- Ability to work mornings, evenings and weekends and must be empathetic to the needs of the classes
- Current First Aid (Level 2) & Current CPR Certificate
- Working With Children Check (or equivalent) & National Police Check
- Current AustSwim Certificate - Teaching of Swimming and Water Safety
- AUSTSWIM extension certificate (Desirable)
- Previous experience and success in a comparable role is not essential but highly regarded
If you are a passionate person who realises the tremendous opportunity that this role offers and want to utilise your skills and passion in an aquatics environment, we want to hear from you!