- Position Title: General Manager
- Employment Status: Full Time Permanent
- Reports To: Committee of Management
- Salary: Circa $82,000 + Super (neg)
The Bulleen & Templestowe Youth Club (BTYC) was formed in 1972. Since its formation the club has grown to become one of Victoria’s largest competitive and recreational gymnastics clubs.
It operates exclusively from purpose built facilities in the Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne, boasting one of the best competition viewing platforms in the gymnastics community. The club hosts many events each year on behalf of Gymnastics Victoria and other associated entities.
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced General Manager to assist the Management Committee to drive the club to the next level. Our Strategic Plan determines that we are looking for an experienced and mature General Manager who can connect with all internal and external stakeholders of the Club. We are looking for a driven individual who can see the potential of our business, but not lose sight of its family and community roots.
The role will need the successful applicant to immerse themselves into a Club culture that achieves great things together. With a staff of over 50 coaches and administrators, and a membership of over 1,200 regular weekly users, this role is busy, demanding, time consuming and only for someone who has previously risen to the challenge of this type of enterprise management.
You will ideally have Tertiary Qualifications in Sports Management or a similar field, significant experience within the Sport and Recreation industry, demonstrated experience in business development and strong financial management skills. Other desirable qualifications and skills include First Aid, Working with Children Check, and experience managing Teams and groups of volunteers.
Your role will include but not be limited to:
- Financial Management (budget preparation, financial reporting and cash control)
- Personnel Management (staff recruitment, training, supervision and evaluation)
- Overseeing Program Development, Club Policy Systems, and Customer Service
- Public Relations and Marketing including Sponsorship and Advertising
- Operations and Maintenance
- Emergency Management
- Equipment Inventory
- Performance Monitoring
- Strategic Planning
- Risk Management including safety and security
- Community Liaison (Including Key User Groups)
- Implementation of BTYC Committee of Management directives.
You will be an efficient, well organised person with good leadership skills, and experienced in all facets of operations including staff management, from motivation to conflict resolution.
You will have a solid finance / business background and a demonstrated experience within the recreation industry or another related field.