|Position Title||Sports Administrator|
|Short Description||An exciting opportunity exists to join UNSW’s high performance sporting clubs in the role of Club Administrator. This role would work across both UNSW Cricket Club competing in the Premier Cricket Competition in Sydney and UNSW Wests Water Polo Club who compete at State and National League level.|
|Employer||UNSW Cricket / Water Polo Clubs|
|Work Type||Full Time|
|Salary||Up to $60,000 pa|
Dependent upon experience and qualifications
|Salary Currency||Australian Dollar|
|Location||Sydney, NSW, Australia|
This role has been created in response to the increasing professionalism of amateur sport, resulting in the two club’s combining resources to appoint a full time Club Administrator.
The successful applicant will focus on the growth of both clubs, improving administrative procedures and working closely with the governing bodies and UNSW Management.
The successful applicant will:
- Develop club administrative procedures
- Liaise closely with Arc Sport (UNSW) to further student engagement both high performance and social
- Liaise with both clubs governing bodies i.e. Cricket NSW and Water Polo NSW / Australia
- Order equipment and coordinate distribution
- Coordinate player fee payments
- Administer local junior and student specific water polo competitions including venue bookings
- Establish student Cricket gala days and student based cricket competitions
- Coordinate Social media strategies across both Clubs - news, announcements, sponsor engagement
- Develop and coordinate media relations both externally and within UNSW
- Administer member database and communication platforms
- Administer club junior development programs
Elite athletes from either sport wishing to combine their sport with a career are encouraged to apply.
Written applications should address the following key selection criteria:
- Experience in sports administration (minimum two years in similar role preferred)
- Strong community sporting knowledge (preferably in Cricket and Water Polo)
- Excellent communication, presentation and IT skills
- Demonstrated understanding of club administration
- Ability to work autonomously
A contract based remuneration package up to $60,000 pa is available to the right applicant.
- Drivers Licence
- Working with children check
||30 Jun 2017
|Phone (mobile)||0419 251 749|
Click here to apply for position|
| ||Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Australia|
|Join the Sportspeople Online Community
Register as a Job Seeker
and get the latest industry updates to accelerate your career!
You may not use data mining, robots, screen scraping, or similar automated data gathering, extraction or publication tools on this Site (including without limitation for the purposes of establishing, maintaining, advancing or reproducing information contained on our Site on your own website or in any other publication), except with Sportspeople's prior written consent.