This is a great opportunity to join a friendly, hard working and passionate team and to have an impact on the health and wellbeing of Victorians. We have a serious work ethic of getting the job done and enjoying ourselves in the process.
This role encompasses both marketing and communications leadership and strategy as well as analyses and implementation. It is a demanding role and a perfect opportunity for you to step up into a position of greater responsibility.
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer and holds a significant role in the organisation developing and implementing all marketing and communications efforts. The role includes a focus on sponsorship and involvement in planning and delivery of key events.
You will develop and implement the communications and marketing strategies including our advocacy and media plans, and ensure timely delivery of campaigns and marketing collateral through various electronic and traditional channels. This includes the ongoing development of our online presence and profile through compelling and engaging content.
This position is key in continuing to ensure ACHPER develops and maintains a strong brand and increased awareness amongst the education profession and broader community. A key component of this role is expanding sponsorship opportunities to help drive revenue, brand awareness and market reach. This is specifically important to our annual conference currently attracting 1000 delegates and 40 exhibitors
- Develop, review and analyse the organisation's marketing and communications strategy.
- Implement the communication strategy, measure results, analyse outcomes and review effectiveness against strategic goals.
- Drive the coordination and implementation of the advocacy and media plan, measure outcomes and review effectiveness against strategic goals.
- Continue to enhance the organisation's website, social media presence and other online community forums to ensure they are meeting the needs of the users and contributing to the marketing and communication goals.
- Coordinate and create engaging marketing campaigns using a variety of online and traditional channels to meet business goals.
- Analyse marketing results and devise market tests to increase response rates, conversion rates and return on investment.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures relating to the communication and marketing functions of the organisation.
- Manage project budgets with high attention to detail. Prepare project plans as required and track development.
- Develop and maintain sustainable and mutually beneficial relationships with key stakeholders both within and external to education.
- Assist in developing new sponsorship and advertising revenue opportunities which align to the Branch's core business and values and maintain and review ongoing relationships.
Key Selection Criteria:
- A minimum of 3 years' relevant experience in a similar role with tertiary qualifications in communications, marketing or a related business discipline.
- Experience in developing and implementing communication and marketing strategies to meet the objectives of the organisation within a set budget.
- A strong understanding of direct marketing using a range of mediums and channels, and experienced in working with data segmentation and database marketing.
- Demonstrated experience managing events such as trade exhibitions, award ceremonies and/or general meetings.
- Sound knowledge, skills and experiences with an array of communication platforms including the management of websites, social media and e-marketing.
- Excellent skills in utilising CRM/CMS tools (experience in CRM/CMS change management is highly desirable).
- Demonstrated experience in developing, obtaining and nurturing sponsorship and partnership agreements.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to build and foster relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- An understanding of a small team environment with the ability to take initiative and work collaboratively.
- A willingness to contribute beyond your skills set to ensure organisational goals are met.
- Experience working within the not-for-profit sector and/or education (desirable).
- Experience working within a membership association (desirable).
The full position description including further details about ACHPER Victoria can be found here.