|Position Title||Football Operations Coordinator|
|Short Description||Focus on the football operations for the Rugby League World Cup 2017 and the Women’s Rugby League World Cup 2017. Provide support to the planning activities in and around the field of play at official RLWC2017 competition venues and training sites. Work closely with the Rugby League International Federation (RLIF), the National Rugby League (NRL), and New Zealand Rugby League (NZRL) in ensuring that the competition is delivered to the highest technical standards possible.|
|Employer||Rugby League World Cup 2017|
|Work Type||Full Time|
|Location||Sydney, NSW, Australia|
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Assist the Head of Tournament Services in development of the competition rules for both Men’s and Women’s competitions in consultation with RLIF to ensure all matches are staged in accordance with the Staging Agreement and International Laws of the Game
- Support in the development of policies and operations plans for football operations at all official competition venues and training sites
- Assist in the scoping, procurement and contract management process for the football operations functional area
- Support the Head of Tournament Services in establishing strategic plans for services relating to Medical & Anti-Doping, Tournament and Match Official appointments and management, Judiciary, and Match Management
- Develop detailed workforce plans for all areas related to Football Operations (Paid/Secondment/Volunteer) and ensure the training and recruitment of Football Operations workforce
- Ensure a level of excellence is conducted throughout all areas of football operations for RLWC2017
||3 May 2017
Skills, Experience & Personal Attributes
- Some understanding of competitions management
- Some exposure to a range of international sporting events, including Rugby League would be ideal
- Experience in working with volunteers
- Effective knowledge of IT and communication systems/platforms
- Excellent attention to detail & problem solving skills
- Good initiative and flexibility
- Strong communication skills and ability to deal with senior levels of management
- Display sound judgement and decision making capability
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks at once and prioritise workload
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage ongoing demands on time
- Ability to work flexible hours (including weekend and evening work)
- Work independently and in a team environment
- Willingness to take ownership and be held accountable
- Willingness to go the extra mile when required
Click here to apply for position|
|How To Apply|
If you believe you meet the requirements of this role, can demonstrate the skills, knowledge and experience required and can successfully emulate the RLWC’s values of Excellence, Resilience, Motivation and Collaboration, then we would encourage you to apply.
Your Application should:
- Include Your Name & Position Title in the Subject Header, preferably with a short letter of introduction and an accompanying CV of no more than 6 pages, merged as one MS Word file.
- Be sent electronically to Careers@RLWC2017.com
- Be submitted by 5pm on Wednesday 3rd May, 2017.
| ||Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Australia|
|Join the Sportspeople Online Community
Register as a Job Seeker
and get the latest industry updates to accelerate your career!
You may not use data mining, robots, screen scraping, or similar automated data gathering, extraction or publication tools on this Site (including without limitation for the purposes of establishing, maintaining, advancing or reproducing information contained on our Site on your own website or in any other publication), except with Sportspeople's prior written consent.